• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC Pro not launching on multiple endpoints

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an Adobe Administrator at my health care organization.  I have many different Adobe products installed on multiple endpoints on Windows 7.  About 6 months ago I began getting complaints that Acrobat DC will not launch.  When Acrobat DC Pro is launched it may seem that its starting, but never opens.  In the task manager processes Acrobat.exe is listed as running.

If Acrobat Pro DC is launched shortly after logging in, it opens.  But, if the PC has been logged into and multiple apps have been opened, this seems to be when Acrobat Pro fails to launch.  The event viewer is not indicating any errors related the Adobe.

I have tried many different things to resolve the problem.

1. Uninstalling and reinstalling may work for a while.
  2. In our environment the highest version of Reader we install on clinical devices is 10.1.4., which is the standard install on our images, including non-clinical devices.  The department depends on if Reader can be updated to a more current version.  If the reader is updated to the current version of Acrobat Reader DC, the issue may be resolved for a while.  But, Acrobat Pro may still not launching even if there is no Acrobat Reader installed.
  3. I have worked with Adobe support.  They remoted to a workstation and used the cleanup tools.  The support person asked me to call back after a restart.  The issue was still not resolved.
  4. I'm evening having an issue with some older standalone installs of Adobe Acrobat.

I'm at a loss and don't know what to do anymore.  Is anyone else experiencing this?  If so, what did you do to resolve it?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?