• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported photos are not edited

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this problem around the forum a few times but none of the answers have worked for me. I am new to LR so maybe there is a step I'm missing. I'm using LR Classic and after editing my photos, the exported image is still the original, unedited version. In the export box I have JPEG selected. I actually had this problem in LIghtroom CC as well. In CC, the only time an exported photo would show up edited is when I edited it using one of LR's presets.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

You do this in the program you use to view the image. In preview on Macs you do apple-0 (make sure in preferences in preview you have selected in the images tab to Define 100% scale as 1 image pixel equals 1 screen pixel). In Photoshop, you simply zoom to 100% The problem is that different programs use different scaling algorithms to scale the image down to screen size and this results in different apparent noisiness in different viewing programs if you do not view the image at 100%

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Breanak,

We're sorry to hear about this, as the exported images still look like the original images, could you please let us know which exact version of Lightroom Classic CC you're working on and which operating system are you using?

Also, does it happen with all file formats?

Could you please try resetting the preferences of Lightroom?

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the 7.5 version of Lightroom Classic and macOS Sierra version 10.12.6

It happens with all file formats, and I reset my preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please make sure that you're not choosing Original in the export menu as the file type?

11-24-2012+6-11-45+PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked, I have JPEG selected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of edits are missing?

If it is noise reduction and/or sharpening, you have to view the image at 100% – any other view will be inaccurate and misleading because the image has been scaled. This goes for both the original in Ligthroom and the exported image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I think this may be the problem. How do I view images at 100%? Is this something that I change before export or in the program that I view the images in after export?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You do this in the program you use to view the image. In preview on Macs you do apple-0 (make sure in preferences in preview you have selected in the images tab to Define 100% scale as 1 image pixel equals 1 screen pixel). In Photoshop, you simply zoom to 100% The problem is that different programs use different scaling algorithms to scale the image down to screen size and this results in different apparent noisiness in different viewing programs if you do not view the image at 100%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines