• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incomplete Exports When Exporting Multiple Batches of Images from Lightroom At The Same Time

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From time to time, I clean cull my images from Lightroom Classic and I export large batches of big raw files from my iMac desktop computer to external hard drives.

Each batch is anywhere from 15-300 images and they are sent over to specified folders on the external drive.

Lightroom allows me to export more than one batch at a time--and so, I may have 2 or 3 export "operations in progress" at the same time.

But I've just realized that unless I send over one batch at a time, I run a very high risk of having an incomplete export.

For instance, the first batch of exports may be 237 images, and a few minutes later, I will set up and send the second batch of 55 images. When I check to be sure the 237 and the 55 made it over to the external hard drive, I likely will find that only 80 or 90 of the 237 were exported.... and the same may be true for the 55 images.

So, is LR not capable of carrying out both export operations at the same time?

If that's the case, these periodic exports will take me a long, long time.

Thank you,

diane

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's not at all "expected" - do both/all of the progress lines move through to alleged completion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines