• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colours Faded in program panel, export is much darker and like the original footage.

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I'm working on a project in Premiere Pro CC 2018 and I have included no LUT or colour grading to the project. I have simply imported 4K footage onto a HD timeline and cut it down to what i specifically need. However, the footage in the preview is very washed out in colour, then when I export the footage its alot darker so it's proving very difficult to edit in premiere now when I need to colour grade. Any advice or theories as to what this could be?

Screenshot (1).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fayer65574800,

This is weird, sorry about the trouble!

Could be an issue of the GPU or the display drivers. Let us know more about your system specs & we will try to help.

FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (5).pngScreenshot (4).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi fayer65574800,

Thanks for the details. Just for a test, import the exported file back into Premiere Pro and check if the colors are washed out.

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Jamie LeJeune has it right in the following thread from the Blackmagic forums.  He's specifically talking about Resolve, but the idea holds true for all NLEs.  The upshot is, "The only image you can trust is to run SDI out to an accurately calibrated reference monitor.  Grading by viewing the image in the GUI just doesn't work."

http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=68410

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines