• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Performance Gains!

Engaged ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, I thought I'd share a tweak I made to get some noticeable gains in performance.

As always, I've been using two SSDs (one for catalogs, one for cache/previews), external drives, smart previews, 4K monitor, 32GB RAM, Windows 10 64bit, i7 4770K, GTX 1070. Until now, LR had been excruciatingly slow switching between Library and Develop, and loading the images (I shoot both Canon 22.1MP RAW images and Fujifilm 24MP compressed RAW files, the latter take a little longer to load, presumably due to the de-compression).

In any case, LR was still slow despite all the horsepower. Today I went into the Windows menu for Graphics Settings/Graphics Performance Preferences and browsed for 'classic app', Lightroom.exe and under the 'option' button, set it to High Performance. I've noticed a speed increase while in the Develop module switching between images and while making adjustments too.

Try it out and let me know if you find a boost too. LR 7.5

Hoping this isn't an anomaly...

J

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried this on my older Win10 chugger and while I haven't done any editing yet, I think I'm seeing some marginal speed improvements - nothing spectacular, could be psychological, but clearly not worse than prior. I hope others will report in on this. You might try switching it back after working with it a bit, as a test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying it. However, I have a new build I7 8700k, NVMe SSD, 64GB ram and GTX 970 so it's already pretty responsive.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've checked the setting that you have mentioned. My Lightroom version runs slower and more unstable than without this adjustment.

My system: i7-2600K, 16GB RAM, Quadro 2000K, two SSDs (one for operation system and programs, one for the LR catalog and previews), Windows 10 (latest version), Lightroom Classic CC (7.5)

I've been switched back to the original settings and my LR is working fine again.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines