• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help: its 2018 and I want to migrate from Aperture to Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I am probably the last person on earth to migrate from Aperture to Lightroom. I started the migration, and I am encountering some issues, plagued with non-descriptive error messages. Here what is happening:

I have 3 aperture libraries that I am trying to migrate to Lightroom without losing my tags, comments or other metadata. The libraries are referenced to the original files in a Synology NAS. When importing into Lightroom (at 3 separated catalogs), I was able to migrate only the smallest one successfully. The other 2 continuously fail at 10% or 20% of completion. Since this is my last day with the trial version of Lightroom, I need to know as soon as possible if the migration is possible or I need to start looking for another product.

Anyone can point me in the right direction on how to solve this? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Even though this is a few years old now, I believe the information it contains is still correct and up-to-date

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/ready-move-aperture-iphoto/

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though this is a few years old now, I believe the information it contains is still correct and up-to-date

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/ready-move-aperture-iphoto/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you importing your Aperture photos?

Are you using:

File > Plug-in Extras > Import from Aperture Library ?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am using that option. Apparently, I managed to migrate the libraries, after a lot of crashes (Lightroom was crashing at about every 5% of the import process, or so). I need to check that everything is ok because I have a "notimported" folder where the same photo can be four times with different names, although I am 100% sure that I have no duplicates on the original aperture library.

Another question. When I open LR there is an option to check the catalog consistency, is that good enough or there are other ways to check the catalog properly?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should use that option on a regular basis. It is the same option that exists when you exit from Lightroom and the backup dialog box appears. You can set the backup to occur at whatever frequency you want, every time you exit or daily or weekly or monthly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines