• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated LR Classic and now catalogs won't open

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated LR and PS while at lunch.  Now that LR classic is updated, the catalogs will not function.  Anyone have this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Well, I moved the catalog from my picture folder,2018,current session--to the desktop.  Now it works!  LR could not locate the images or the LR cat from it's position from last week. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What error are you seeing?

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tmotva  wrote

I just updated LR and PS while at lunch.  Now that LR classic is updated, the catalogs will not function.  Anyone have this problem?

Not at all. What exact version of LR is now installed?

What was the version you were using before you did the update?

How did you do the update, through the CC DTA?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version is 7.51 I think.  I was able to start a new catalog and import raw files.  However, when I try to open the catalog from yesterday, I get an unexpected error has occurred--message that prompt me to try again, different catalog or exit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into this same problem this morning.  I can't open any catalog, even backups that were valid a few weeks ago.  I copied my catalog to another computer and it opened fine.   So I thought it might be something with my system so I rebooted.  When I did, Windows completed a system update.  Ah ha!  It must have been due to the update being half done.  Nope, after the update, I'm still seeing the same problem.  The next step is to reinstall Lightroom.

I am on the latest version of Classic for Windows.  Just checked for updates in CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I moved the catalog from my picture folder,2018,current session--to the desktop.  Now it works!  LR could not locate the images or the LR cat from it's position from last week. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried copying the catalog to the desktop and got the same error.

Lightroom Failure.PNG

Also, I can't create new catalogs using the "Choose a Different Catalog" dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled (via CC app) Lightroom and reinstalled.  All is fine now.

My guess is it is related to the Windows 10 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR CC will not open any LR catalogs since the recent updates.  I received this message:  

The Lightroom catalog cannot be used because the parent folder “/…(lists folder)” does not allow files to be created within it.

Please either fix the folder permissions before continuing or choose a different catalog.  

I have attempted to use every catalog I have.  From various backup drives.  I get above message and my only option is to "quit."

I attempted to give the folders/drives read and write permission but not joy.  

I attempted to change the location of the catalogs.  LR opened, unlike other attempts, but the catalog could not find any of the photo files.  I have never had this problem in the many years of using LR and through many updates.  Yes, PS and LR both recently updated, LR version 13.1.1.

LR is completely useless at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Gilderod, Please provide info about your operating system and actual version number.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, DdeGannes,

MacOS Monterey Version 12.3.1

MacBook Pro, Mid 2015

Processor 2.8 Ghz Quad-Cor Intel Core i7

Memory 16gb 1600 Mhz DDR3

Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

LightRoom CC Version 11.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the message (attached) I receive when I try to open LR CC.  No catalog will open on any drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently, no one knows how to fix the catalog issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file you attached indicates the Catalog file is missing or has been moved from its original location. Do a search for the file using your finder in your operating system. The file name is stated in the attached file.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No files were moved.  When I try to open LR it says I can't open that folder within itself.  I made no changes.  The only change was the update.  I am wondering if it is that I have a 2015 version Macbook Pro...

Comments...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionally, I tried all of my LR Catalog files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give us the exact word for word error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gilderod_0-1652375470401.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dj_page, 

This is the correct answer.  Worked like a charm.  Thank you for your sage advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

correction: dj_paige

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines