• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic slow switching between imported photos in develop mode?

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New here and not very experienced with Adobe so go easy lol and sorry if this has been covered.  I have Lightroom classic and have imported 200ish raw photos 25-30mb photo size.  When I'm in develop mode switching from picture to picture to compare images it's painfully slow for it to load the clarity of the image and then when I go back to the other image same thing takes like 7 seconds to load the clarity.  This is just switching back and forth between two images takes a long time for it to load then same problem when I switch back to other image.  I read Abobe having slow problems but pretty sure it's not as bad as what I'm dealing with if anyone can help please.   Frustrating trying to develop photos waiting 5-10 seconds for picture to load just to compare two images to see which one is better.  Thank you in advance for your help.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Unfortunately, 4GB of ram isn't going to be nearly enough with Lightroom, especially in Develop mode. The 'recommended' minimum is 8GB, but 16GB would  be better.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be useful to know:

1. What operating system you're using

2. CPU

3. How much ram you have

4. Is catalog on SSD or spinning hard-drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian.

My PC specs...

Windows 7 Professional

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU  E8400 @ 3ghz

4GB Installed Ram (3.84GB usable)

Program is running off the harddrive no disk.

Thanks,.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, 4GB of ram isn't going to be nearly enough with Lightroom, especially in Develop mode. The 'recommended' minimum is 8GB, but 16GB would  be better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I am having the same issues as of a month or two, now, and am ready to give up on LR. It can take upwards of a minute to handle similarly sized RAW images, and has become almost complete useless. With LR on, all the rest of my apps get bogged down, too. I'm well past minimum performance specs, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two quick troubleshooting steps that help many (but certainly not all or even most) users with performance issues in Develop:

- Uncheck the option Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor.

- On Windows, update your graphics driver by going directly to the manufacturer's Web site: Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines