Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6.14 map module does not query city

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Lightroom 6.14.

My camera does not have a GPS module - so I always add GPS data to my photos within map module in  Lightroom. I drag'n'drop my photos on the map and the GPS metadata are filled out automatically by Lightroom. Lightroom till my last use of Lightroom, Lightroom has automatically filld out also "city", "country" and so on have I have drag'n'dropped my photos to the map.

Today I noticed, that Lightroom only added GPS coordinates and "altitude", but NO "city", "country", "state",...

In "Catalog settings" I do have checked "Lookup city, state and country of GPS coordinates to provide address suggestions".

Do you have any suggestion, how to automatically add "city", "state", "country",...?

Regards,

Gernot

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

I just tried that location in my LR 7.5, and it worked fine. But address lookup in my LR 6.14 doesn't seem to work at all either. I'm wondering if Google has changed something again with Google Maps that broke 6.14 but not 7.5.  (Such things have happened in the past.)  An Adobe employee suggested the other day, with respect to another map problem, that the engineers thought perhaps something had changed on Google's side.

You might file a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that on entering a Lat/Long co-ordinate, LR 6.14 filled in accurate "city and country" details related to each image?

And now that does not happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I put photos on the map (by dragging them with the mouse to the correct place on the map), the Lat/Long GPS coordinates are filled by Ligthroom automatically, but "city and country and similar fields" are not filled by Lightroom, they are still empty.

In the past all these fields are populated by Lightroom automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In "Catalog settings" I do have checked "Lookup city, state and country of GPS coordinates to provide address suggestions".

LR's address lookup infequently gets stuck. As a first step, reboot your computer and verify your Web browser can reach Google Maps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I restarted Lightroom serveral times. - No change.
  2. So I rebooted my Windows 10 (a real reboot, no Windows fast boot) - No change
  3. Then I rebooted my internet router and my computer - No change - "city and country and similar fields" are empty - GPS coordinates will be populated by Ligtroom correctly - Google Map is reachable by my browsers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you copy/paste the GPS coordinates here? (They're in the Metadata panel's Location tagset.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried several location - e.g. 47Ā°4'10" N 14Ā°17'59" E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just tried that location in my LR 7.5, and it worked fine. But address lookup in my LR 6.14 doesn't seem to work at all either. I'm wondering if Google has changed something again with Google Maps that broke 6.14 but not 7.5.  (Such things have happened in the past.)  An Adobe employee suggested the other day, with respect to another map problem, that the engineers thought perhaps something had changed on Google's side.

You might file a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Be sure to copy/paste the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines