• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC keeps freezing

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The program keeps freezing while I am taking notes on a document. The only way to continue using my computer is to restart it and reopen the program. When I reopen the program it asks me if I want to recover my edits, but when I try to do so it says that there was an error, so each time I lose the work I've done. !

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Chrisd,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, Acrobat is freezing, Is that correct?

Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing the updates.

Reset the preferences of Acrobat once and reboot the machine, to reset the preferences, refer to How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

You can also refer and try the solutions from Adobe article Troubleshoot Windows system errors, freezes | Adobe software

If the issue still persists, please use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Acrobat Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine and install Acrobat back from Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, 2017, XI, or X https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/acrobat-downloads.html

If you still face any issue, please share the following details:

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem could be in Microsoft Windows, for Microsoft goes ahead and uses its edge to mark all pdf files, but once you change that back into pdf, Microsoft seems to take revenge by making your life hell with not using its technologies for pdf. this is my own take which is not technical and i do not think this is a purely technical issue, and we should think all other corporate possibilities

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe is full of bugs and glitches. adobe sucks. useless garbage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ADOBE Reader and DC have both been crasher programs for years - they are sooo shi t ty.  And it seems to be getting worse-  again, ADOBES failure to take care of these issues persist now for years.  Not sure where all those millions go from monthly scripts -  but u guys need to get off ur asses and fix this legacy shiit. Adobe is an embarASSment -  lame asses

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines