Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I connect the dngs to my raws

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I used someone for editing several hundreds of photos. I exported a smart catalogue with smart previews for him, he edited them and returned the finished catalogue with smart previews. Somewhere along the way, he turned the file names into dng names and now my Lightroom can't tell which edited preview belongs to which of my raw files. How do I fix that without connecting each preview to the raw by hand?

I would love your help! Thanks!

Julia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

If the files have the same base name, e.g. IMG_3756.NEF and IMG_3756.DNG, you can copy all the Develop adjustments and metadata from the DNG back to the corresponding raw using the Syncomatic plugin: Syncomatic - Sync files with same name or time

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your editor must have used the DNG conversion feature in Lightroom. Unless someone has a plug-in that will do what you need, I don't know what to tell you. You should instruct your editor not to mess with your smart previews in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the files have the same base name, e.g. IMG_3756.NEF and IMG_3756.DNG, you can copy all the Develop adjustments and metadata from the DNG back to the corresponding raw using the Syncomatic plugin: Syncomatic - Sync files with same name or time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If he still has the files - ask him to export again without converting to DNGs. It's not the worst thing to happen however as now the edits are embedded in the file and you reduce the risk of having to start over - if you lost the XMP files for example. Perhaps if you use this editor again you can specify that you don't want DNGs in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines