• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

picture status (key I) ineffective in full picture mode (key F) in LR CC Classic

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pressing I works fine in Loupe view.. When pressing F and then key I, this does not have effect.

It hasn't worked since installing 7.5 (after 5.7). When I introduced Luminar 2018 and Aurora HDR 2018 in the right click edit in... it worked. Then after the laptop went in sleep mode, afterwards it has never worked again since.

Strangely enough, a query in the LR Facebook group and among friends also using LR CC Classic, nobody could reproduce this error.

Here it is constant...

Can you help?

Thanks

Reinhard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

View > Loupe Info > Cycle Info Display (I) hasn't worked with Window > Screen Mode > Full Screen Preview (F) for many years.  See this long-standing bug report: Lightroom: Cycle Info Display doesn't always work in Full Screen Preview | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Reinhard,

Sorry that Lightroom Classic CC 7.5 is not showing the image info in Full screen mode.

It seems that a change in a preference settings might have caused the issue. Could you please restore app preferences to default as mentioned in this article How to set Lightroom Classic CC preferences ​and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

sorry, nope. Unfortunately, this doesn't help

KR

Reinhard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you are in Full screen mode try pressing Shift-Tab to change the Full screen mode then press the I key to toggle through the info options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the side panels/filmstrip are hidden before pressing F then your original method works.

Edit: also seems to work if just the side panels are hidden first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the side panels/filmstrip are hidden before pressing F then your original method works.

Edit: also seems to work if just the side panels are hidden first.

That doesn't work on my LR 7.5 / Macos 10.13.6 or on my LR 7.5 / Windows 10. Here's a screen recording where I start in Develop with the side panels and filmstrip hidden, type F, then type I multiple times. The info display never appears: Dropbox - cycle-info-display.2018.09.03.mov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doh!! I can not believe I just did that... John, you are right...

I forgot I was still using LR5.71 as I was testing something else from another earlier forum question still looking at same photos as in LR7.5.

Now checking it out properly back in Classic 7.5 it does not work.

Best you can get to seeing a full screen view with the photo info displaying is with the panel triangles on the edges and toolbar on the bottom. (it is better on a 2nd screen as there are only triangles top/botttom)

Sorry, for my red-herring solution, but suppose that is how it should work in LR7.5 - without the bug as you posted. (added a 'me too')

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bhousto90,

being in Full view mode (key F) causing a totally black background (if there is a portrait pic), your suggestion to press shift+tab, does not have any effect.

Hiding side and top+bottom panels almost gives the same size to view (at least in portrait pics), but this is no F key.

So unfortunately your suggestion doesn't seem to work either.

Thanks I appreciate your effort very much.

KR

Reinhard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Could you please update Lightroom to 8.0 release via Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app and check if that helps to fix this issue.

Refer the following link to check the fixed issues in Lightroom Classic CC 8.0: Fixed issues in Lightroom Classic CC 

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not fixed for LR8 running on Win10.

No info display in fullscreen mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

View > Loupe Info > Cycle Info Display (I) hasn't worked with Window > Screen Mode > Full Screen Preview (F) for many years.  See this long-standing bug report: Lightroom: Cycle Info Display doesn't always work in Full Screen Preview | Photoshop Family Customer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines