• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony R100vi raw

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom Version 6 which I love using. However I am told the the raw files from a Sony R100vi cannot be loaded or edited in Lightroom 6 and that I must upgrade to 7.5 to do that. As I understand it I would have to purchase an ongoing subscription for 7.5 can anyone confirm if this is the case? I like buying the software license outright as a one off purchase, but I can't do that anymore?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Convert to DNG is an option, it does not happen unless you choose the proper option in Lightroom or in the DNG Converter software. Yes, you can do all the same editing on the DNG and get the same results as if you were working on the RAW.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a free option: the Adobe DNG Converter can convert your RAW photos to DNG, which can then be imported into Lightroom 6.

Or you can subscribe to the Adobe Photography Plan, which includes Lightroom Classic CC version 7.5, which will also allow your photos to be imported into Lightroom. There is no way to purchase this software via a single payment purchase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK that is good news. So I can edit DNG to the same extend that I can with my other raw files (Fuji). Or is that what Lightroom does anyway i.e. converts all raw files to DNG so the file can be edited? Forgive my ignorance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Convert to DNG is an option, it does not happen unless you choose the proper option in Lightroom or in the DNG Converter software. Yes, you can do all the same editing on the DNG and get the same results as if you were working on the RAW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's brilliant. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines