• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sound will not automatically switch between headphones and speakers

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I got a new macbook I have to manually change the audio hardware to play through the headphones or macbook speakers. It used to do it automatically so it's been really frustrating. Anyone have any ideas?

Please and thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Preferences for Audio Hardware, is the Default Output set to Built-in Output?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My only choices are External Headphones and Macbook Speakers, but I do remember that being a choice previously! So I just have to see if I can get that back somehow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use a pc and don't have speakers in monitors. However, I have a headphone jack on desktop. I use that to listen via headphones. But I also use that output jack as a 'line out' to a stereo system to hear edit too. If I unplug the headphones and put in the line out connection to stereo WHEN THE COMPUTER AND PPro program is OFF... I HAVE TO reassign the thing.

IF  I DO IT WHEN computer and PPro is ON, then I get a mssg that "something got disconnected" and then "something got connected" and I don't have to fuss with reassigning the stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines