Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

images are in catalog, but do not show in lightroom

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I just imported about 900 images from a recent trip.  I worked on them, flagged the ones I wanted to keep and then attempted set them up in a collection.  It took all of them in rather than the flagged ones.  I deleted the collection and now I can't find them on Light Room.  When I attempt to re-import them from the camera, Light Room indicates that they are in the catalog, but I am unable to find them.  Help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you import the photos, you should NOT try to import them again, as this will not solve the problem.

To find the photos in Lightroom, please perform all four of these steps (not one or two or three of these steps, but ALL FOUR)

1.   In the Lightroom Library Module, on the left, under Catalog, click on All Photographs

2.   Turn off all filters (Ctrl-L once or twice)

3.   Turn off all stacking (Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks)

4.   Search for at least one of these photos by file name using the Lightroom Filter Bar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please upload a screen shot of the Library view with the folder panel open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just imported about 900 images from a recent trip.

Then they will be in a Hard-drive FOLDER that you set as the "Destination" for the import, and now visible in the LR Folder panel. (or the Catalog Panel 'All Photographs' list )

I worked on them, flagged the ones I wanted to keep and then attempted set them up in a collection.  It took all of them in rather than the flagged ones.

A COLLECTION is simply a 'list' of (selected) photos. It does not contain your photos.

I deleted the collection and now I can't find them on Light Room.

Deleting a COLLECTION does not delete your photos. They will still be in a FOLDER of the hard-drive, visible in the Folder Panel.

A COLLECTION can be recreated at any time from selected photos in the FOLDER panel.

When I attempt to re-import them from the camera, Light Room indicates that they are in the catalog, but I am unable to find them.

Do not attempt to re-import OR Synchronize folders until you-

Follow advice from dj_paige​ above.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines