• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere CC 2018. Playback 4K is Choppy (lag) GTX1080

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use 4K footage from DJI Mavic Air and Sony A7III in mp4.

Have newest update for Premiere CC 2018. 1-2 weeks ago.

Hardware:Win10 64 bit. I7-8700K With 32GB memory. GPU GTX770 2GB.

In timeline when hit Space bar I have now problem. But if I drag cursor With the mouse back and forth The Picture freeze sometimes get black for 1-2 Seconds after I drop the cursor.

Yesterday I bought a New GPU. MSI Gaming X Geforce GTX 1080 8GB and hope this will help alot. But I can't see any different. Still choppy/lag With  1-2 secunds. I use also Full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8. But still choppy.

Tried to put 4k footage at C drive. This is a Samsung 970 250GB M.2 SSD.

(And I use CUDA).

What can be the problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend using Cineform proxies for all H.264/H.265 media.

Work offline using proxy media |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

h264 and h265 footage (mostly h265) use a "long gop" structure for encoding. This means that instead of having every frame completely encoded, only one frame every half-second / second is encoded, and all information in between is just math to reconstruct the image.

This is great for delevering footage, because it is compressing the data efficiantly, but not for editing. So everytime you scroll, Premiere has to reconstruct the image from the previous fully encoded frame up to your CTI position. Going backwards is even more time consumming. So that's why Premiere is chogging.

The best workflow is to use proxy files, and to encode them with a codec made for editing. Such as the cCineform codec recommanded by Jim Simon​ above.

Hope this helps,

Seb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks both.

What is the best workflow with proxy? Editing in proxy. Then turn back to orginal when color-corecting, color grading og denoising?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can work the entire pipeline using Cineform proxies.  Premiere Pro will automatically fall back to the originals for export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I color correcting, Color grade and denoise on the Proxy and this will take effect when exporting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.

I consult the source files you mention, what bit depth you have, 8 or 10, the chroma subsampling is 4: 2: 0 or 4: 2: 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines