• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicate Files showing up in folders?

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently downloaded new files from two different SD cards into two different folders in LR.  In editing the photos I noticed that many of the files, not all, are repeating toward the end of the folders as duplicate phots files (.dng).  I have already edited the first photo and when I discovered the duplicates I tried to delete them, but deleting the duplicate also deleted the original!  Does anyone know what is going on OR if there is a way to delete the duplicates without deleting the original?

Thank you,

GK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember hearing about something similar a few months ago.

Go to one of the originals, Right Click on it and select Show In Finder/Explorer (depending on the OS you are using) then do the same for one of the ones you think is a duplicate. If they are both in the same folder on your drive and they actually are 2 different files you can try deleting the duplicates using the File manager for your OS. Then Removing the missing files in the LR Library.

But I suspect they aren't 2 different files, they are one in the same file.

IIRC there wasn't a solution that I recall for that other user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Links to others with similar problem-

Lightroom CC Classic - Phantom Duplicates

Catalog - same photos, same location but shown twice

This link mentions the "Capitalization" bug where you would have two Folders that look alike.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend the program called duplicate files deleter, it will help you a lot when it comes to deleting files (which do not work), very safe and reliable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's certainly a couple of duplicate plugins for LR available and I'm sure someone who monitors this forum many be able to post an option for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines