• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Crashes A Lot

Participant ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to give you guys a heads up... LR has been crashing every time I do an upgrade, for the last 4 upgrades. Usually I was able to do a reboot and it eventually fix itself. However, now it doesn't wanna work at all. It always shuts down anytime I want to do something, like import photos. This has on both my Laptop with Windows 10, and my desktop with windows XP. I guess When I get time I'll try to reinstall LR, but I've been sending the bug reports every time; I would think whatever that is causing these crashes would have been resolved with the last few upgrades/updates.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When launching Lightroom try right-clicking on the desktop icon and choosing “Run as administrator”

That sometimes improves stability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done a LR update on my desktop using Windows XP, and it seems to be working fine. So far no shutdowns or crashes. I'll check on my laptop later on today. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a table of OS versions for Win 10 and XP and the LR versions for each?

You mention after a reboot it "fixes itself"  . . .

Does the mean LR starts but the update doesn't apply ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I decided to just remove and reinstall LR on my laptop, and it seems to be working fine. I haven't even used LR a lot, and I'm not sure why the major errors to begin with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines