• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic crashes at start after a Windows System Restore

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I had no problems using Lightroom Classic 7.5, but I had other Windows 10 problems such as File Explorer and Command Prompt wouldn't start.  After trying a number of things that didn't work I decided to do a Windows System Restore.  The restore said it would backout Lightroom Classic 7.5 because the restore point used was a couple of days prior to my upgrading to 7.5.  The restore did restore my registry.  After the restore File Explorer and Command Prompt were working, so I thought I just had to do the upgrade to Lightroom 7.5 again.  This morning Creative Cloud thinks Lightroom Classic is up to date, and I'm not aware of any way to upgrade to 7.5 without Creative Cloud.  Every time I start Lightroom Classic I get a window stating Crash report for "Adobe Lightroom Classic".  It says that Application Adobe Lightroom Classic has crashed and a crash report has been generated.  I've sent the crash report to Adobe.

Is there a way to obtain the 7.5 upgrade without Creative Cloud or install Lightroom Classic without Creative Cloud?  Does anyone have any other ideas on how to fix this problem?  Thanks in advance.

Gary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Akash,

Sorry that I missed the dropdown arrow on the Open button for Lightroom Classic in the Creative Cloud desktop app.  Once I found it I was able to install v7.4 and Lightroom had no problems starting.  After I checked a few items I updated to v7.5.  Everything is good now.  Thanks for your help.

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

System restores sometimes returns with corrupt app components that might be causing Lightroom Classic CC 7.5 to crash at start.

I'd recommend that you use the recovered Lightroom catalog but reinstall the application from the Creative Cloud desktop application.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash,

Sorry that I missed the dropdown arrow on the Open button for Lightroom Classic in the Creative Cloud desktop app.  Once I found it I was able to install v7.4 and Lightroom had no problems starting.  After I checked a few items I updated to v7.5.  Everything is good now.  Thanks for your help.

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update Gary.

Glad to know you got it working.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines