Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

long time for exporting inspite of low level of system indicators

Participant ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi;

I worked on a clip which used some effects such as ultra key, denoiser, spill killer, s_beauty and levels, and the length of the clip is 14 minutes. I know some of these effects take a long time for rendering, but the problem is, so far, this clip is under exporting since 8 hours of last night, and Estimated time shows 13 hours remained.

But all indicators are on low levels, I don't know what's the wrong. why doesn't system use of all capability of computer to render faster?

(Because I opened Browser, the percentage of CPU went up, it was lower than that)

and this is my computer info:

After 8 hours for 14 minutes clip:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Video Denoiser effect is notorious for long render times, even on a FAST machine. Then it seems you are layering up on other complex effects at same time like Spill Killer and Beauty and that is just a recipe for a slow export, sorry.

In the past, I've gotten better results by first denoising the original clip by itself and exporting as a new clip using a good intermediate codec like Cineform (GoPro) or DNxHD on the PC. Then use the new, cleaned up clip to edit with and add more effects.

Might see

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a 7 year old CPU, is that correct? 6 cores at a very slow 2.53Ghz, although you might have two of them from your comment. Not sure.

I'm not a tech wiz but I do wonder if the current app runs well on that era CPU. PrPro can be finicky with hardware and worse, what seems like a hot setup isn't always that good in practice and sometimes older gear does fine.

But that age ... the whole system might not be efficient at passing data around as is now needed. Testing say with the PPBM8 test from Bill Gehrke's site would tell you how each part of your system is working real time in a PrPro project.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks of your attention, sir;

It means that, although the CPU indicator is low but it is using its maximum speed.

I expected that when the maximum CPU capacity was used, it would indicate a high percentage.

so it means that, the kind of the CPU in speed, is different with CPU capacity that shows in task manager.

did I get it right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That stuff is in many ways above my paygrade. I just look at what I and others get as performance. The older slower CPUs and hardware they're installed in just don't seem to really get used heavily. Except for the older rigs that scream. I know the guys from both Puget Sound Systems and Safeharbor Computing say there's only like 3 current mobos that really work well for high-speed video editing. I think the whole system is more important than we often realize.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video Denoiser effect is notorious for long render times, even on a FAST machine. Then it seems you are layering up on other complex effects at same time like Spill Killer and Beauty and that is just a recipe for a slow export, sorry.

In the past, I've gotten better results by first denoising the original clip by itself and exporting as a new clip using a good intermediate codec like Cineform (GoPro) or DNxHD on the PC. Then use the new, cleaned up clip to edit with and add more effects.

Might seem counter-productive to do this in two steps, but honestly it can be much faster to denoise in one step, then move to editing and adding other effects in another step. When you stack render-intensive effects together it can take much longer to process than to do them individually, especially with an underpowered system. Render times can increase exponentially with combined, render intensive effects

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you all guys for your valuable guidance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines