• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 9 Blurry Text when publishing on browser

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2015 Sep 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys i did some research on the internet, but could not found any answer for my issue.

I use the trail Captivate 9, when i am publishing the text is so blurry. How can i make this sharper or is this a bug what i have read on many forums?

Please help me to resolve this issue, I dont understand this problem its the latest captivate...

Best Regards,
Serhat

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 17, 2015 Sep 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In HTML output, this seems to usually be due to 'scalability' in the Captivate project.

Try deselecting 'Scalable HTML content', so the piece publishes to the size you set when authoring, and the issue will likely go away (text will be clear).

However, of course, that means your content will not scale to the browser window size, which is unfortunate.

Overall when you create your project, try to set it for the most common screensize you think will be used to access the piece.

(I believe the cause of the issue is CP makes all text images in HTML output, which is lame, but I'm also not positive that's the issue)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2015 Sep 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might also create it as a responsive project, assuming it isn't larger than the max resolution for such projects and that you don't need to output a swf. Although this would, of course, mean recreating and copy/pasting everything you've done!

One good thing about responsive projects is that they render text as text, and not as bitmaps. Clean, sharp and scalable as you could wish for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well i am using responsive project and still its not a clean sharp text. I had a chat with adobe support self, and his answer was that there is no solution for it. Really strange if you have a new product release and didnt solve that issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2015 Nov 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With re to "One good thing about responsive projects is that they render text as text, and not as bitmaps. Clean, sharp and scalable as you could wish for."

Thanks! I did not know this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, i did what you suggest but its still  an major problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem in Captivate 8. Just unchecked scalable HTML in the publishing settings and the text is nice and sharp now. FYI: I'm not doing a responsive project. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of how the text looks when published?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should publish your file, and then modify the Index html file in order to block scalability for a high resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what worked for me: code to be added before the </style>

@media all and (min-width: 1024px){

#main_container{

transform: scale(1) !important;

-webkit-transform: scale(1) !important;

-ms-transform: scale(1) !important;

position: relative !important;

left : auto !important;

margin: 0 auto;

}

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is old, but it's still problematic for Captivate. Under your Skin Editor, disable borders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I added a shadow to the text after noticing my subTitles where rendering fine and voila...seems to bypass turning the text into .png or .bmp.

So, give adding shadow under the "Shadows and Reflections" a try...I simple used "Outer"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources