Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Typing changes paragraph layout

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm pretty new to Acrobat DC, but having an issue where I open a pre existing PDF that is laid out as my customer wants. When I start to type new text in a paragraph (i.e making copy amends) the spacing between the title above the paragraph and the paragraph changes.
The ones I have haven't edited are the same as before and are ok.
I am not trying to change the spacing etc, just change text. It's happened everytime I try to change the text. I've now spent a good hour fiddling with the paragraph line spacing trying to undo this bug.

Using a PC, running Windows 10, running the latest release from Abode.

Thanks in advance!

Tommy

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Never hurts to try, but Adobe are well aware of this issue. It's not really a bug, though. More like a limitation of the format.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF files are not built for direct editing, and doing so is risky, as you've noticed.

You really need to go back to the original file format, make your edits there and then create a new PDF file from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, thanks for the feedback. Is there any point logging this as a bug though? Happy to do so if it's worth someone looking at. My feeling is, if it's an option (i.e to edit text directly in Acrobat) it should really work as well as possible.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never hurts to try, but Adobe are well aware of this issue. It's not really a bug, though. More like a limitation of the format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines