Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pages numbers reading right to left in Organize Pages Tool

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

In Adobe Acrobat Pro DC in the Organize Pages Tool, for some reason my page numbers are reading right to left instead of left to right. For example page 1 is on the far right and the pages appear in this order in row one: 5,4,3,2,1, and in row two: 10,9,8,7,6. On no other screen are the pages displaying this one and they are being displayed 1-10. Can anyone help me in trying to get the pages to display 1-10, left to right in the organize pages tool? I have never had this happen before and it is only for specific scanned documents. Is it a scanner issue rather than and Adobe issue?

Thank you!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

It happens because of a specific setting in the file's metadata, which is most likely set by the scanner software that creates it.

You can reverse it by going to File - Properties - Advanced and changing the Binding setting to "Left Edge".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens because of a specific setting in the file's metadata, which is most likely set by the scanner software that creates it.

You can reverse it by going to File - Properties - Advanced and changing the Binding setting to "Left Edge".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH! This just made my work day. I appreciate your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi try67, hopefully you're still around! This does not work for me with Acrobat Pro 2017/Win 10. The setting is present in the place you mentioned, but changing it and saving the document does not change the order in the 'Organize Pages' tool. After changing it it doesn't change, after saving it it still doesn't, and after reopening it after that it remains the same as well. I don't see any other answers dealing with this specific issue, which is why I'm tacking on to this old answer. I will be trying to get the sender to change the setting they are scanning these documents with, as they're apparently the cause, but it may be some time before they get around to it! Thanks in advance for having answered in the first place, hopefully you have something else to try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines