• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic 7.5 Sync error "bad argument #1 to '?' (number expected, got nil)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have trouble syncing  LR Classic 7.5 with the ipad app and Lightroom CC. 21 pictures are marked with a sync error (the sync arrow with the three dot below) and trying to re-sync doesn't work. The sync information appearing in blue on the upper left shows "syncing 32 photos" but there is no progress whatsoever, and the synchronization of new photos doesn't happen. I have tried deleting the sync.lrdata file several times, and even reinstalled LR Classics, but nothing seems to work.

I'm on a mac sing High Sierra 10.13.6

Any idea how to solve this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christophoros,

We're sorry to hear about the sync error, let us help make this right.

Could you please try the steps below and let us know if it helps?

Please go to Lightroom's -> Preferences -> Lightroom Sync -> Press option -> Rebuild Sync data . Lightroom will restart and syncing will reset and there will be no impact on your images

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sahil,

Thanks for your answer.

I followed the procedure you advised, unfortunately it didn’t solve my problem.

As before, Lightroom shows « syncing 34 photos » in the upper left, and the number doesn’t go down.

When I go to preferences>Lightroom Sync, the sync activity panel shows (270 uploading, 0 downloading, 0 pending) and path link shows the same error message as before (bad argument #1 to '?' (number expected, got nil))

These are pictures I took and synced over one year ago, and there wasn’t any problem before I installed the last lightroom update.

Best

Christophe

Le 27 août 2018 à 17:52, Sahil.Chawla <forums_noreply@adobe.com> a écrit :

created by Sahil.Chawla <https://forums.adobe.com/people/Sahil.Chawla> in Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/10584126#10584126>

Hi Christophoros,

We're sorry to hear about the sync error, let us help make this right.

Could you please try the steps below and let us know if it helps?

Please go to Lightroom's -> Preferences -> Lightroom Sync -> Press option -> Rebuild Sync data . Lightroom will restart and syncing will reset and there will be no impact on your images

Regards,

Sahil

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10584126#10584126 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10584126#10584126

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app by email <mailto:discussions-community-lightroom-lightroomclassiccc@adobe-v8.hosted.jivesoftware.com> or at Adobe Community <https://forums.adobe.com/choose-container.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=3316>

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624 <https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624>.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe <https://forums.adobe.com/unsubscribe.jspa?email=christophe.gindraux%40gmail.com&token=391f852d56eaf0...> instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences <https://forums.adobe.com/user-preferences!input.jspa>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the answer to my last posting was *crickets* ...

. I reinstalled the previous version (7.4) and the problem disappeared (after LR took 4 hours re-uploading the metadata to the cloud). It seems to be a bug in the way the metadata is synchronized between LR Classic and LR CC and is an issue with the 7.5 version,

A fix would be nice...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

I'm running into exactly the same problem. I've found that if I remove the photos that are showing the error (as listed in Edit/Preferences/Lightroom Sync) from a sync'ed collection then I can *sometimes* get the error to go away, but this doesn't always work.

And yes, a fix would be nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same issue.  How did you reinstall the previous version since it's a cloud application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same trouble. I followed your suggested solution. Now I'm missing about 100 photos. They are not on my Mac, not in the cloud and not on my iPhone or iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a rebuild. It did not solve the problem. Before I had 4 errors stopping the syncing. Now I have 71 stopping the sync process. I have not been able to sync since the last update of Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a workaround: Uninstall Lightroom Classic 7.5, and install Lightroom Classic 7.4. I did this a couple of weeks ago and I haven't had any sync problems since.

Once there's a fix from Adobe, I'll install 7.5 again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I did also and that worked.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This action helped for me. But before doing this I advise to backup your Lightroom Photos made by/imported at your iPhone/iPad, because all your photos on your iPhone and/or iPad will be removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was helpful ? I canˋt see details

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This helped me:

“Please go to Lightroom's -> Preferences -> Lightroom Sync -> Press option -> Rebuild Sync data”

It worked out and all is syncing like before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried that 3 times. It did not help me. I have a synced catalog that is trying to sync 51.742 photos out of 59.233 and it is stock there. Nothing happens. I have contacted Adobe support and tried a lot of stuff. Nothing helps. They cannot confirm is this is a bug that will be solved. I am sick and tired of Adobe, to be honest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that it's a rediculous way to have to  solve the problem, but have you tried downgrading yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped me! But be aware, all your photos on your iPhone/iPad will be removed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into the same Problem yesterday.

Rebuild Sync data did not work for me. But all Pictures affected did still have the embedded preview in Classic. So I let Lightroom render the previews correctly and afterwards sync continued without any error.

Just wanted to share that with you in case it might work for others as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Same Issue with the same pictures again today. Its really since you can't sync properly anymore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a similar problem but as I use the french edition of LR, I can't see Lightroom's -> Preferences -> Lightroom Sync -> Press option -> Rebuild Sync data

I see "Supp les données synchonisée", whitch is very different from "rebuild" ...

is it this button ? and what does it exactely do ?

LR pref sync.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

il faut presser la touche option sur mac ou ctrl (ou peut-être Alt) sur PC, et deux boutons apparaîtront dans l’interface préférences de lightroom, là où apparaissent sinon les fichiers synchronisés.

Une des options est de reconstruire les données synchronisées avec le Creative Cloud (ou quelque chose de similaire, j’utilise la version anglaise )

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 6 sept. 2018 à 17:12, arnaudb25922269 <forums_noreply@adobe.com> a écrit :

created by arnaudb25922269 in Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app - View the full discussion

He

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour et lerci

j’ai fait la manip avec la touche ALT sur pc

helas ca n’a rien changé au problème

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. All sync stops

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Tried all pausing, rebuilding, relaunching, signing in and out and the syncing still does not work. I was working for a week abroad on my ipad and LR CC and now I can sync edits of around 1000 photos back to lightroom Classic to be able to send my client ful resolution final images.

Please adobe help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

Lighroom Classic CCis not very useful in this state.

Please fix that asap, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, stuck on 'Syncing ** photos' (The number varies after fix attempts, it's currently 33). I've tried all the suggested fixes that I've been able to find but still same problem. In Preferences>Lightroom Sync I have a list of files in the 'Sync Activity' field, all in blue. They have various references, some say 'bad argument..' some have a reference to lightroom.adobe.com/libraries. If you right click on any of these listings there are two options; 'Show Errors' and 'Remove from All Synced Photographs' Clicking on either of these two options  doesn't seem to do anything either. Tried Alt-clicking rebuild sync data multiple times, this doesn't clear the list for me..

Fix soon please Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines