• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't figure out why I've lost all my footage (.aep missing?)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everybody

So today I went to edit and noticed in my 'recent projects' screen at the start my project wasn't there.
So naturally I went into my external SSD and loaded up the most recent saved project.

Everything went okay, until I came across this screen
Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 6.55.39 PM.png

I hit locate and everything went well from there. Then I load up the project and begin to scrub through the sequence
And I come across this

Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 4.36.36 PM.png

The issue here is I go to 'link missing file' and it just results in this coming back. I don't get it. Everything was fine last night when I was working on this.

Any ideas? Please help as this is due very soon.

Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

If you open After Effects, and go to file > recent project, do you see your AE project ?

In the screenshot, it looks like your AE project is called "untitled project", are you sure you've saved it (as untilitled proect is the default name of AE non saved projects)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open After Effects, and go to file > recent project, do you see your AE project ?

In the screenshot, it looks like your AE project is called "untitled project", are you sure you've saved it (as untilitled proect is the default name of AE non saved projects)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, I see the projects.
I don't normally spend much time naming them as I have so many compositions and usually just rush past that part.

Interestingly some of them are under "Untitled 1" when my harddrive is actually named "Untitled" not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So it turns out the name change of the SSD was what caused it. I renamed it back and everything is fine now. ha. thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines