• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mirroring clip in project

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea how to ask this question, nor search for it.

I have a video clip that I need to duplicate a dozen times, end to end on the same screen. Is this possible with Premiere?

Here is a screen shot of the video render from After Effects.

Untitled.jpeg

I need the video clip to be pieced together like below...

Repeat.jpg

Any advice would be appreciated, pointing me towards a tutorial, anything would be helpful.

Thanks. OR if this is possible in after effects, that would be fine as well.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about duplicating the clip on the timeline (Alt+click and drag) and repositioning to keep them in line?

You could then make a Subsequence and drop it onto any sequence (select multiple clips on the Timeline and choose Make a Subsequence)

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to verify. I do not need the clips 'butted' together on the timeline.

Lets say the video total size is 100x10px. I would need to have the final render of the video to be 1000x10px, with 10 copies of the video that play at the same time, in line.

Does that make sense? Is your response in regards to this detailed explanation? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, so you can duplicate the clip as many times as you want, for example like this:

Program Monitor:

Timeline:

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And then you can "lasso" all the clips and right-click and choose:

- Nest...

or

- Make Subsequence

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you. I will let you all know how this goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have my project set up like this.

PROGRAM.jpeg

But the desired final would be like this

Desired.jpeg

Any advice for the next step? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select all the clips ("lasso" around them with Selection tool), right-click and choose: Nest...

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will create a Nested Sequence for you, which you can drop into any other sequence.

You can also access all these clips at any time by just double-clicking on this Nested Sequence, which will open it and show you all the original layers (so you can always reposition them or resize them if you want) 

I hope this helps

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your response and patience. This is not what I am trying to achieve. Let me show you the display that I am making a design for.

nhl-15-tampa-bay-times-forum.jpg

The video clip screenshot below is 1/12th of the length of this led 'ring' you see here.

Test.jpeg

See how the display repeats the same image? I have generated 1/12th of of that. I need to fill in the rest of the width of the led display with the same exact clip. I am not sure if premier has this capability? I am very new to after effects and premiere, I just do not know how to ask the question properly (lack of video and motion graphic vocabulary).

I need to be able to replicate my video clip along a horizontal line to have it go around the whole arena as shown below...

Repeat.jpg

Does this make sense? When I created a nested sequence, it just grouped the 12 video clips into one. This is not the desired effect I am looking for.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not 100% sure how many times you need to duplicate it, but if it's just a single row across the screen, it's probably easiest to do it in Premiere without resorting to AE. Just stack 3, 4, 5, however many copies of the clip on top of itself in video tracks 1, 2, 3, etc, then use the Effect Controls panel on each one to change the Scale and Position of each as needed. At the end, you might want to Nest them.

Apply motion adjustments to clips in Premiere Pro

Nesting in Adobe Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines