Paste from previous not working, bad argument

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!

This started after i upgradet to LR CC Classic 7.3

AN INTERNAL ERROR HAS OCCURED

bad argument #1 to 'isCameraProfileMatches' (string expected, got nil)

What do i do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Hi All,

This issue has been fixed in Lightroom Classic CC 7.4 (June 2018 release)

Please update Lightroom to the latest version. See Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

Here's what new in the 7.4 update release: New features summary for the October 2017 and later releases of Lightroom Classic CC

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of the Basic panel in your Develop module? It sounds like you may have updated a copy of Lightroom 6 with the Lightroom 7.3 updater (which should not be possible, but because of a bug in the updater it is).

See also this thread: Lightroom 7.3: Presets, Vibrance and Saturation Sliders Not Working.

If that's not it, then check this thread: Copy and Paste Settings - "bad argument"

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By basic panel, you men the development settings?Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 07.42.24.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's the one. The first panel is called 'Basic'. It looks fine, so the upgrade itself does not seem to be the problem.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the bug is still there.. i tried a complete clean install with the cleaner tool...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's beginning to look like a bug.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have been in contact with adobe, a tech dude was messing about on my mac for 45 minutes, ended up sending him two DNG files from my leica monochrome (type 246) to test on their part for 30min.. wating to be contacted now. but yes... looks like a bug that only involve monochrome images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

following this thread. I am having the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just encountered the same thing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same error message when I try to sync black and white images in  the develop module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got this for the first time, copying and pasting settings (Cmd-Shft-C and Cmd-Shft-V) from one imported TIFF scan to another. I do not experience this when copying and pasting with RAW files.

Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 11.19.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 11.28.43 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you copy the settings from a certain picture, I'll get the screen with possibilities (lens corrections, transformations, and so on). If you deselect the first possible choice (development and profile ps I hope this is the English term, I'm using a Dutch version), then the problem disappears. Guess it is still a bug, but through this I got rid of this annoying problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem with files from an M Monochrom (M9), I was working on some Pictures two weeks ago, did fine....

today I couldn't get my work done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This issue has been fixed in Lightroom Classic CC 7.4 (June 2018 release)

Please update Lightroom to the latest version. See Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

Here's what new in the 7.4 update release: New features summary for the October 2017 and later releases of Lightroom Classic CC

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Team

I have updated to lightroom classic CC 7.4 (June 2018) still the copy & paste still not working.

Please help. Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kohg72016127,

Thanks for reporting. Could you please explain your workflow briefly? We'd glad to help.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to copy setting from image A to B (eg. exposure,contrast setting etc)

1) So i right click on image A, go to "Settings" and click on "Copy Settings..."

*(After click nothing appear, no indication or under "History" show no change in activity.)

2) Next i go to image B, right click, go to "Settings" and the option for "Paste Settings..." is grey out & unable to click.

*image format is ARW (Sony Alpha A7 III, ILCE-7M3, V1.01)

PC Spec:

Win 10 64Bit, i7-6700K, 16GB Ram, GTX 970, Lightroom Classic CC 7.4 (Camera RAW 10.4)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are one more person who has the 'upgrade problem'. Can you please do the following: Go to Lightroom's 'Help' menu and choose 'System Info'. Copy the first lines of the info and post it here (or post a screenshot).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I was afraid of. You do indeed have this problem of having 'upgraded' a perpetual license of Lightroom 6 to Lightroom Classic somehow. Your license says 'Perpetual' and that is not possible. It should have said 'Creative Cloud'.

That upgrade should never have been possible, because you do not have a subscription but a perpetual license (for Lightroom 6). There is no perpetual license for Lightroom Classic and there is no Lightroom 7. Due to a bug in the updaters it was somehow possible to install Lightroom Classic without having a subscription, and this now causes all kinds of problems (you’ve just been lucky that it didn’t happen earlier, when you first started with the upgraded version).

The only solution is to go back to Lightroom 6, the version you have a license to use. In order not to lose all the work you may have done since your first update, select all the images that were imported after you updated to Classic and choose 'Metadata - Save Metadata to Files'. Then open Lightroom 6 with your old Lightroom 6 catalog, and import these images. The edits and metadata should come over, except those edits that are new for Lightroom Classic (like Range Mask). You can find the correct installers and updaters here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html

Or, of course, you can take a subscription to Lightroom Classic after all. In that case you need to fully uninstall Lightroom, and then reinstall it after the subscription has come into effect and you’ve logged in with your Creative Cloud credentials. Your catalog will not be affected by uninstalling/reinstalling.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noted, Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having similar maybe related issue. The Shortcut CTRL-ALT-V for Paste Settings from Previous is not working while when i choose it from menu it is working.

Running latest CC Classic license is creative cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running latest CC Classic license is creative cloud

Did you verify this by doing the menu command Help > System Info?  Some people struck by the nasty upgrade bug have a paid Creative Cloud subscription but LR thinks the license is perpetual.  Copy/paste the first ten lines of Help > System Info here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did verify.

Lightroom Classic version: 7.5 [ 1186149 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Language setting: en

Operating system: Windows 10 - Business Edition

Version: 10.0.17134

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 6

Processor speed: 3.0 GHz

Built-in memory: 16306.3 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 16306.3 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 6003.2 MB (36.8%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 6821.6 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's good that it's not that nasty bug, but it doesn't solve you problem.

The Shortcut CTRL-ALT-V for Paste Settings from Previous is not working while when i choose it from menu it is working.

System Info shows you're running LR in English, which rules out a shortcut bug introduced in 7.5 for another language (something Adobe does every release or two).

You could try temporarily resetting LR's preferences, which often fixes wierdness in the user interface: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines