Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Output FPS is lower than Video Input

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm sort of new to this community and wanted to address an issue that's been bugging me for a while (since May to be more accurate). I'm a video producer and use Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017 to edit and render all of my videos. In order to produce the highest quality videos possible, I created an export preset about two years ago which I've been using ever since so whenever I export the sequence I'm working on, the video ends up being 2560x1400p, 60FPS, all that good stuff. Since around May of this year, I've noticed that the exported videos have a much lower FPS (probably around 30) even though the export setting as well as the raw footage remains at 60FPS. Does anyone happen to know why this may be happening? Do I need to re-download Premiere Pro to get rid of this problem?

Any help regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Enid.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Why the oddball export size of 2560x1400, if the source is 1920x1080? Upscaling will not help the quality at all, plus aspect ratio is not the same. I'd imagine that most people that watch your videos might have a 1920x1080 monitor at best and would therefore be watching the video scaled down.

You can MANUALLY select or create a NEW SEQUENCE and specify the exact frame rate such as 29.97 or 59.94 which are "standards". What is happening right now is that the first clip you drop into the empty tim

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you assessing the frame rate of the exported video?

If you import one of your suspect exported files back into Premiere, what frame rate is displayed in the Project Panel?

Please post a screen shot of your (typical) export settings summary, like this example below:

ME Export settings.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for your response. In terms of assessing the frame rate of the exported video, I'd say it's pretty much based on my personal observations after watching that particular video. I'm not sure how to answer the second question as I'm unfamiliar with the project panel. However, I right clicked on one of the main clips included in the final video, then clicked the 'properties' option, and under that window it indicates that the clip has a frame rate of 59.57. However, another clip I include at the beginning of all my videos has a frame rate of 30.30 (not sure if it may be playing a role in this).

Below are two images, the first one is of a project I completed just a few days ago. The second image shows the export settings of a project I worked on before this issue became apparent.

Untitled.pngUntitled1.png

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your clips are VFR, variable framerate. Look at the fps numbers of the clips.

Those are done by phones and other devices trying to save on data writing to chip by only recording the number of frames they think necessary to have an acceptable viewing.

The first one, your sequence was made from a clip PrPro saw as basically averaging 30.299 fps, and you exported at 60fps.

The second was a sequence at 58.09 fps exported at 60fps.

I think you need to learn how to get a basic framerate out of your device, interpret that as something normally used for fps like 30 or 60, then export to match.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just looked over the clips of the project I worked on a few days ago (picture one above) and you're right, the framerate varies from one clip to another however this variance is very little, from 58.50 to 60.00 to be more precise. However, there is one clip, as mentioned above, with a framerate of 30.30. I'd also like to give some context to the projects I work on. The clips that make up my videos are essentially screen recordings of a gaming program which are then edited and uploaded onto YouTube. The clip with the 30.30 framerate is essentially a 'subscribe' button hovering over the first clip of the video. Is there something you would recommend for this first clip not to affect the framerate of the final exported video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why the oddball export size of 2560x1400, if the source is 1920x1080? Upscaling will not help the quality at all, plus aspect ratio is not the same. I'd imagine that most people that watch your videos might have a 1920x1080 monitor at best and would therefore be watching the video scaled down.

You can MANUALLY select or create a NEW SEQUENCE and specify the exact frame rate such as 29.97 or 59.94 which are "standards". What is happening right now is that the first clip you drop into the empty timeline is determining the frame rate moving forward. And it's not the right frame rate. Also not helping final quality to be messing with the frame rates.

As others have stated, check in the settings of the game capture software and see if you can disable the Variable Frame Rate and make it record at a Constant Frame Rate, you will be much better off.

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason for exporting in 1440p is because I've noticed quite a bit of a difference in the final product when it's uploaded onto Youtube. Also thank you all for your help, as I just tried to export a video, (with the 30fps clip added after the sequence was created), and the resulting video hovers at around the 60 framerate mark. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I've noticed quite a bit of a difference in the final product when it's uploaded onto Youtube"

What does that mean? It can't possibly look better - you are taking a 1920x1080 source and expanding/scaling/blowing up to the larger size, which is not even the same aspect ratio either. Exporting to a higher resolution does not create quality that was not there before.

Now, assuming that YOUR monitor is 2560x1440, it is possible that you think it looks better because 1920x1080 video may get "blown up" by your monitor to fill the screen, which would naturally degrade quality, while a 2560x1440 source video would not get blown up and therefore might *appear* to you to be a better quality. But it's not actually. And again, you need to look at the video on the display that most viewers might use, which is likely 1920x1080 or less in resolution. You have a "closed system" there on which you are creating and viewing the videos you upload and the viewing experience may not be representative of what others are seeing.

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it may be because even though the original footage is recorded in 1080p (based on the settings of the game and the recording device), the final video ends up being of a lower resolution due to the nature of the game being recorded and exporting it in 1440p or 4k makes the video less blurry and closer to 1080p if that makes any sense. So yes even though the exported video may not be true 1440p, it still appears a lot clear than if I were to export it in 1080p. I agree with your final sentence though especially after seeing that most of the viewers see my videos on their mobile device which makes it kind of useless to overthink about the final quality of the videos since they mostly end up being seen on a much smaller screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now if the raw footage involved recording outdoor scenery on a proper camera, I'd say that exporting the videos in 1440p would be useless because actual cameras do their best to record in the resolution they were designed for. However, when recording something through your computer screen, a lot of the quality is lost in the process of recording the original footage and, in my opinion, can be redeemed by exporting the video in 1440p.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not redeemable, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines