• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have no idea if I am using the most up to date version of Lightroom.

Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using Lightroom Classic CC desktop version: 7.3.1 and want to update it to the most recent version. I have had trouble in the past with the catalog aspect. I now learned there is something called Lightroom 6. Is this a web version or desktop app?

What steps do I need to do to ensure a proper update?

Also, why does Lightroom make this so **** confusing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forget Lightroom 6 - it's the version of Lightroom before Lightroom 7 which Adobe called "Lightroom Classic CC". 7.3.1 isn't the absolutely latest version, it's now 7.5, so from the Help menu  in Lightroom, run the menu Help > Updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so is there a newer version than the 7.3.1 that I'm using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7.5. Use the Help > Updates menu.

Alternatively, there is the Adobe CC application - yours should show Update against LR Classic.

Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 21.08.17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. If I update to 7.5 will keywords that I set in Classic CC show up in my Lr iOS app? They don't seem to do so now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - see my explanation in your other thread. How do I get keywords I set in Classic CC to sync with mobile iOS app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

keywords in Classic do NOT sync with the cloud so they will not show up in the iOS app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a good explanation as to why they would not support this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They don't support it because Classic has a hierarchical keyword structure and Lightroom CC has a flat structure. They are incompatible and there is no good way to translate between the two that won't cause problems at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the current version is Lightroom Classic CC 7.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 was the last standalone version of Lightroom. It is no longer being updated, it is end-of-life software. You are using Lightroom 7.3.1, it is a version of Lightroom Classic CC. Lightroom Classic CC is the current desktop Lightroom, but it has had two updates since. The current version is 7.5, and you should be able to find it in the Creative Cloud application manager. If you go to the application manager and locate Lightroom Classic CC, there should be a button to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I need to do anything with my catalog? I once tried to update the version and I could not for the life of me figure out what I needed to do with the catalog. I kept running into a dead end error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. There's no change in the catalog, no updates or upgrades in that regard. Don't think the update will have any impact at all on your iOS app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines