Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Output Module for Bridge CC 2018

Participant ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi! i am using the Adobe Output Module for Bridge CC 2018

when i am creating the contact sheet, the pictures on the contact sheet are darker then the original image. that is the same issue with all formats (nef, dng, jpg, psd) all defined as sRGB color profile . any idea why the images are darker. and how can i fix it?Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 13.14.36.jpg

TOPICS
Import and export , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Couple of questions here:

1. Is the contact sheet that you've selected one of the templates mentioned or are you using a custom?

2. Could you please send us the screenshot of the document panel on the Output Module?

3. Are you viewing the images post exporting to pdf or in the Output preview window?

Also, please make sure that your monitor is calibrated.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

1 - yes , it happens both on templates and in custom contact sheets

2 - see the attached screenshot of the document settings

3 - my monitor is not an issue, it looks darker document on any screen

4 - surprisingly it doesnt happen on the Bridge 2017 that is installed parllel on the same mac Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 10.55.11 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you viewing the images post exporting to pdf or in the Output preview window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the "preview output" panel the image are good (as they are on preview or on photoshop as it should be.

as i export it to pdf document - the document include darker images as shown on the screenshot comparison in the beginning of this post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheena Kaul​ any idea what should i do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Moshik,

Would you mind sending us some sample images which are causing this issue?

You can email them to me.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

EVERY IMAGE in any format course this problem. I also have formatted my Mac

and it did not solve the problem.

It’s probably a setting issue but I don’t know how to fix it.

I use a bridge 2017 in parallel and there is no problem with it. You can

see the dark image in the screenshot I have attached as I open this post.

Please read and look cheerfully in what I have described there. Thanks

בתאריך יום ה׳, 26 ביולי 2018 ב-17:26 מאת Sheena Kaul <

forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Adobe Output Module for Bridge CC 2018 created by Sheena Kaul

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/Sheena+Kaul> in Bridge - View the full

discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/10525218#10525218>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheena Kaul​ so there is no official costumer service answer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm getting this checked with the product team to see the root cause.

Allow me sometime and I'll update you.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok . waiting for your kind reply. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi moshmosh007,

Can you please turn on the option of "Preserve Embedded Color Profile" and restart Bridge.

Please let us know if it solves the issue.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello! i just did no changes. image on the pdf are darker in about 10% AbhishekSeth12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well Sheena KaulAbhishekSeth12​, can i depand on Adobe Costumer service or there is no answer? it has been almost a month with this in unsolved disturbing. bug / issue. please advice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Can you all please confirm if “Preserve Embedded Color Profile” and restart Bridge made any changes to the results?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The difference between having the Preserve option checked vs unchecked (and restarting Bridge) is insignificant with respect to the very noticeable darker output issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this makes no difference, and I guess that there will be no color profile embedded at all. Pics on the pdf look much darker and oversaturated. (I never had this problem with former versions of Bridge CC and Acrobat Reader.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and all I did was open System Preferences, select the Display panel, under the color tab I changed the display profile to something else (anything else) and it solved the color shift issue. I even changed the display profile back to what it was before and the contact sheet still works properly in Bridge. It makes no sense because a display profile should not affect the PDF output. I was having the same problem on several Macs in the department and changing the display profile worked for all.Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 2.35.32 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheena Kaul AbhishekSeth12 is it really an an known bug? there are so many complains here and on the net....

i would appreciate any of your input ...thanks

see also Big unanswered problem in Output module

KidMagic​ yes, i use the bridge 2017 but its a worse module and why the do i need to use 2 versions on my mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem - is there a solution? We're all paying for your software and working as professionals with them,

this is an absolut nogo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than creating a pdf in Bridge, you may get better results in Photoshop or InDesign and exporting to PDF/X with color-management. A pdf out of bridge is not assigned a colorspace and I wonder if the problem is a pdf reader expecting that or assigning one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with the latest German Versions of Bridge CC and Acrobat Reader.

And I can't understand that this bug hasn't been fixed in the meantime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact problem here. Two different machines with MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6. We have made zero changes to our systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using RAW images? If so, remember that RAW files don't have a colorspace. They may work better if you export to a JPEG first.

Also note the settings in Bridge preferences->Output, you can preserve color profiles which you may want to try turning on and off to see if that helps as Abishek mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same issue, images appear about a stop to a stop and a half darker when exported to PDF, even appear slightly more saturated as well.

Made the Adobe Staff suggested adjustment by activating the "Preserve Embedded Color Profile" with no change.

When I send out the PDF's to clients I have to inform them images don't appear as they really are.

Any help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines