Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two problems with Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am facing two problems with Lightrrom which really slows down my workflow.

1. When exporting pictures not all pictures selected gets exported to the folder on my desktop, sometimes pictures nr 1 is missing sometimes some other random picture among the ones i have exported. This really gives me a problem as i have now twice send the pictures forward to customers and it has shown to miss pictures.

I have tried it a couple of times now and sometimes it is fine and sometimes it randomly dont export certain pictures. I have converted them from Raw TO Jpeg during the export.

2. when applying a certain preset while importing some of the bracketed pictures (which have to be exactly the same when merging together) are not aline and the lens correction is applied slightly differently even though it is the exact same position and picture but with a different exposure.

Would greatly appreciate if someone knows what could be wrong. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which exact version of Lightroom Classic CC are you running and on which operating system?

If possible, post a screengrab from Help > System Info... inside Lightroom. That'll tell us all we need to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, some of the text is in Swedish but the info should be the same, thanks   

Screenshot 2018-09-07 kl. 19.32.45.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some thoughts on your questions-

1) Is it possible that the random photos not exported are possibly 'Missing' in the catalog library. Do any of the selected  previews show the [!] icon?

2) Have you tried re-setting the photos back to camera default (without any import presets) and un-checking lens correction. I have read that the "Merge" functions (HDR & Panorama) use the raw data only.

Lightroom 6/CC2015 – Photo Merge Tidbits (Part 1) | Rikk Flohr's Fleeting Glimpse Images

Lightroom 6/CC2015 – Photo Merge Tidbits (Part 2) | Rikk Flohr's Fleeting Glimpse Images

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wobert,

1. The pictures are not missing.

2. Your second suggestion i dont really understand, my problem is that i need to put presets to my photos at import as there are many pictures. So resetting the pictures basically would be like not putting any preset to start with.

I do not merge the pictures either when importing so they shouldn't be different just because they are of the same motive and are eventually going to merge together later.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Can you provide a screen-clip of the photos (selected in Grid View) that do not get exported? And the JPG files in the export folder location?

2. So what are you Merging photo for?  HDR or Panorama?

I can only refer you to the expert -Rikk Flohr, for his advice on merging-

I quote from the article in the second link above in Post#3:

"A brief trip onto any of the support forums for Lightroom will shake out a few individuals who are chagrined to find that their careful Develop module adjustments are being discarded by the Photo Merge functions. I thought it might be a good idea to reveal which adjustments survive in a Photo Merge to HDR or Panorama and which are lost."

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The export issue seems to have been solved   

When it comes to the preset problem;

The issue occurs before the actual merge, so when I import pictures then some of them, taken to be merged together later on,  are not effected in the same way by the preset.

I use LR/Enfuse plugin to merge the pictures in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The export issue seems to have been solved "

How? May I ask, for the benefit of other readers.

'Enfuse'  -I have no experience with. My comments previous were all considering the merge functions within Lightroom.

Perhaps seek advice from the Enfuse author (at Photographers Toolbox).

I do recall reading that many of the Develop adjustments (Whites, Blacks, etc) are "Subjective" adjustments for each individual image. So it might be expected that Preset adjustments may vary for images with different content.

Keep seeking your answer, I have not the knowledge to advance an answer further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Wobert,

The export issue basically just started to work after around 10 days of problems, no idea how.

What becomes differently applied on the pictures during import with the preset is specially the lens correction and the transformation.

Which then makes it impossible to merge the pictures as they now are not alligened.

Thanks for the help,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines