Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create Multicam Sequence Doesn't Work Unless Timecodes Overlap

Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello...

I'm working on a project where different cameras were off/on, throughout the event.

Cameras are sometimes overlapping and sometimes they aren't.
I have timecode and tape names in all of them, so I assumed that creating a multicam sequence would be easy (select files - right-click - create multicam sequence - use timecode).Unfortunately, it breaks every time there is a gap in timecode (a period of time when no camera was doing video).

Why not just lay all the clips out in tracks and time and just leave black where nothing is there?

Why not give the editor the option of filling said gap with other content or removing the gap, at his/her discretion?

Why just fail?

Sure, it may be appropriate to give a warning.

Is there a way (other than manually timelining your clips) to create a multicam sequence when gaps are present?

JJ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are all cameras recording audio. You could try syncing to audio instead of timecode and see if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RobShultz  wrote

Are all cameras recording audio. You could try syncing to audio instead of timecode and see if that works.

They may or may not have audio.

It wouldn't matter, though, as some were recorded at different times.

Thusly, the audio wouldn't match.

JJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines