• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Pro CC Crashing when Color Editing

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premier pro shuts down without any notification error as soon as I click on the colour editing tab.

This started happening 12hrs back, I reinstalled but its still the same.
Can't edit!

Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

First, try going to the Window/Workspaces menu and click the Color menu, the reset to save layout.

If that doesn't work, trash your preferences on restarting. The prefs are NOT removed in a standard uninstall.

There's a FAQ on trashing or deleting preferences.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, try going to the Window/Workspaces menu and click the Color menu, the reset to save layout.

If that doesn't work, trash your preferences on restarting. The prefs are NOT removed in a standard uninstall.

There's a FAQ on trashing or deleting preferences.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked!
Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just glad to get someone going again. The work must get delivered  ....

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FYI I have very new, high-performance HP Omen

In the past two weeks I have experienced the following with Premiere Pro:

-- the creative cloud desktop app would not load... had to uninstall and reinstall

-- All of a sudden, the audio in my project stopped working. I somehow stumbled across the previous version of Premiere Pro, so I installed that. The audio started working again.

-- Then PP would crash when I selected the color tab. I then installed the latest version. That didn't work.

-- I checked to see if my windows 10 was updated it was. On a forum a person suggested that I needed to trash my preferences, ran a search on how to do that, it worked!

-- That lasted a few days... and then this morning the videos refused to reload, I shutdown my computer and rebooted my project, still wouldn't open videos.

-- trashed my preferences again... it worked!!! However, according to my performance monitor, PP was sucking up 15/16 gb of RAM when it would usually only use 8/16 gb of Ram. Had to reboot two more times for the RAM to reset to its normal level. Had to be patient for the program to load media each time.

-- An hour later the scrubbing function -- both in the project and source monitor -- was locked for the files in a particular folder, but not for other folders... rebooted again... same problem... grabbed the original files and put them in a new folder... it worked.

-- An hour after that, I clicked on the color tab again, PP froze and then crashed.

On the forum, there are a few posts about crashing, but not this severe. I am also surprised that ideas on how to fix these issues are not organized better when you search for the problem. I also understand that Adobe has to watch expenses to make a profit, so I know you can't just chat with a technician whenever you want, but perhaps as part of their service (maybe charge an extra dollar per month for one question), you can chat with someone who can direct you to the solution faster...

I am very frustrated right now... I am certain the problem is with PP, not my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines