• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving edited photos back to LR CC from Photoshop problem

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am confused as to why I am not seeing a JPEG image edited in Photoshop returning to LR CC.

I have a photo (an iPhone HEIC image) that I edited in Photoshop. To save space on my computer I saved the Photoshop edited image as a JPEG. The image is located correctly in Lightroom photo's folder next to the original image. But I cannot view the image in LR. I synchronized the folder within LR. I even tried to import the image into LR from the photo's folder but it was not seen. Looking in the folder, it is there. I searched in LR the image number and it is not found.

So, I tried to save the image in PS as TIFF and PSD and both are saved back to LR without a problem. Now I have four images in the LR photo folder (original, JPEG, PSD and TIFF). But I cannot find or view the JPEG.

Am I missing something?  How do I tell PS to save the image as a JPEG and return it to the original folder and then be visible in that folder within LR CC?

Also, is there a way of just saving the PS image as a TIFF file but reduce the size?  The iPhone image is about 1.5 MB but both the TIFF and PSD images are about 45 MB.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop, if you are using the "Save As" command, then you won't see the image returned to Lightroom. You need to use the Save command. Are you using the Save command?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using the Save As command in order to reduce the image size. In LR, the images are about 2 MB. Once loaded into PS for editing the size is 65 MB. Then with Save command it returns to LR but the size is 65 MB as a TIFF file. What is the best way to have a smaller edited image size Saved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are sure that you are never going back on the Photoshop edits and

won't do any further deep edits in Lightroom than saving as a jpeg is a

method indeed. You can also stay in tiff and lower the bit depth to 8 bits

(convert to a smaller colorspace such as adobeRGB or sRGB first) and make

sure you use compression on the save.

On Sun, Sep 9, 2018 at 5:34 PM wayneh92496952 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have "treat jpeg files next to RAW files as separate photos" checked in Lightroom's general preferences. Otherwise Lightroom will treat the jpeg as a sidecar file to your original. Save as is supposed to work in Photoshop to get files into Lightroom but this is one caveat and it is flaky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not have that check box checked. I do now. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines