Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving Presets from a PC to a Mac

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Afternoon,

I am switching from a PC to a Mac and I am trying to put my information from one computer to another.  I have been able to transfer my catalog over, but my presets didn't transfer like I thought I would.  I learning how to navigate my Mac and I am hoping to find a simple solution to fix this problem.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi meredithj86128865,

Sorry that your Lightroom presets did not migrate to your Mac. Which version of Lightroom are you using?

Could you please check for your presets in the below location on your PC?

(.lrtemplate) Presets or templates in the .lrtemplate format are stored at: /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/[preset or template folder]/[preset or template filename.lrtemplate]

(XMP) Beginning with Lightroom Classic CC v7.3, the existing presets in the.lrtemplate format a

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi meredithj86128865,

Sorry that your Lightroom presets did not migrate to your Mac. Which version of Lightroom are you using?

Could you please check for your presets in the below location on your PC?

(.lrtemplate) Presets or templates in the .lrtemplate format are stored at: /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/[preset or template folder]/[preset or template filename.lrtemplate]

(XMP) Beginning with Lightroom Classic CC v7.3, the existing presets in the.lrtemplate format are automatically converted to a new XMP preset format. After conversion, the new XMP presets are saved at: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings

(Presets stored with the catalog): If you've enabled the Store Presets With This Catalog option in the Lightroom Classic preferences, the presets and templates files are saved at: MacHD/[catalog location]/[catalog folder name]/Lightroom Settings/Settings

If you have your presets available on your PC, we can simply copy them over to the new Mac computer. You may also take a look at this article for more info https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reviewed the article suggested and I apologize that I am not sure how to perform your suggestions.  I am also having trouble connecting my images to my catalog.  Is there a way to connect them?  Is there a person I could chat with about my transfer?  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can get in touch with our product support team via Call/Chat channels, please refer Contact Customer Care to view your contact options. They will guide you through the migration process and help locating the presets.

Feel free to write back if you have any query or update to share.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines