Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem: E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_OPEN_ERROR

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2015 Feb 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just spent over $100.00 on books and instead of getting what I paid for, I only recieve this message Error getting license. License Server Communication Problem: E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_OPEN_ERROR

It appears that there is no support from Adobe for Adobe Digital Editions. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2015 Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm Having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem - and the library IT people are very puzzled...  Happened to me after that freebie Win 10 upgrade from MS.  It's been a problem in several areas.  I shouldn't have upgraded to 4.5 but also I'm not certain that was what did it. Have tried deleting and reinstalling the ADE app but no luck.  I also get this error: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER

And this one:

E_IO_CANNOT_OPEN

Adobe Chat was not available for ADE help - just short of rude when they blew me off.  Seems to me that our library  IT people are the key to the solution - pressure  on Adobe to collate solutions, etc.  My library contact IS actively looking into it but it's a slow process what with the workload she has at the Help Desk.  But I am confident she will get somewhere on this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like everyone's been waiting a long time for help with this.

I've just started getting the same error message, like you, after upgrading to Windows 10.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled; also deactivated/deauthorized and reactivated/reauthorized; also used ADEPT delete instructions from other discussions about apparently similar errors.

Did anyone ever get an answer? Two to ten MONTHS is a long time to wait for help from Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mikec27379597 - I imagine you got an answer long ago, but just in case: running ADE as Administrator seems to fix this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

also for the same issue after installation W11, running as admin does the trick.

right-mouse-click on the ADE-icoon. when troubled, first cut and past an icoon from home to your workarea (buroblad)
I think it has something to do with firewall exclusions. I will take a closer look, and report afterwards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There one.. And only one solution. Refund of yours ebook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines