Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't "Import Video" or "Insert Flash" in Presenter 7

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2009 Mar 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All:

I'm using the 30 day trial version of Presenter 7 with PowerPoint 2007. I am unable to import any video at all using the "Import Video" function.

When I try to import .FLV files I get an error message "Adobe Presenter has detected a problem with this .FLV file. It may not play or stream properly. Are you sure you want to insert this file?" I say YES - but it does not insert.

When I try to import an MPEG file, Presenter 7 goes through the motions of converting it, but at the end of the conversion process - nothing. There is no video or anything on the blank slide.

I am also unable to "Insert Flash" SWF files.

I've spent half an hour on the phone with Presenter Tech Support, and my FLV and MPEG files work for them on their computers.

What do you think?

Thanks, Steve
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just discovered that I am also unable to insert SWF files. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be because your .flv file does not have any metadata included. I converted an .avi to .flv using flash video encoder and found that it needed metadata to work in Captivate. Maybe the same problem with Presenter????

You can get the metadata injector as a 3rd party free download.

http://www.buraks.com/flvmdi/

Scroll down to the downloads section:
this is the file you want, the gui version is much easier to use.

FLVMDIGUI 1.05 (flvmdigui105.zip 453KB)

for what its worth.............
cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2009 Mar 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the thought

Adobe the support was able to successfully use my FLV and MPEG files with their version of Presenter 7 and PP 2003 - can you believe the adobe Presenter 7 tech people don’t have PP 2007!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2009 Mar 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All:

It turns out that this was a problem with the Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 installation. A friendly and competent (unbelievable but true) MS tech solved it for me.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2009 Mar 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AdCracker

I have recently been unable to to get a swf file to upload and run successfully in Connect/Presenter.

To clarify... the upload process for the file to Connect "appears" to be successful. However, when I run the file from the platform I only get a blank flash screen... no content.

Is this similar to your experience? Any suggestions?

thanks
Grayley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2009 Mar 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Grayley:

We had this issue before uploading - in preview slide mode. Insert SWF did no work. Neither did import FLV or MPEG. But the problem turned out to be a defect in the PowerPoint 2007 installation. At least as far as we know now.

Why don't you contact Adobe tech support? We did, and while their overall performance was very poor, at least you'll get another pair of eyes on the issue.

Cordially,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2009 Mar 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Only Flash Video files with metadata will play in Adobe Captivate projects. If the inserted file does not have metadata, use a third-party software like FLVMDI to add metadata to the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources