Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LUTs!!!

Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All!

Got some super duper LUTs, but was wondering if anybody could school me on splitting the screen in 1/2 to be able to get a clear perspective of what the LUT is doing. Pinging a tutorial would be worth a correct answer! Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

If you have either a reference shot at beginning of sequence or copied clip, using Comparisons view in wipe manner you can do that.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Source monitor shows images before applying correction. Bring up a clip in both Source and Program monitor at the same time, you can see one with one without correction. I think there's a couple other ways to do this but my power supply just failed ... can't check to be certain.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can see super duper luts with split screen !  See what it is BEFORE applied, and see what it is AFTER applied !

Could you send me a donut instead of giving me a gold star " correct answer" if I explain it ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the new Comparison view for this purpose.

Just copy the clips on the timeline. Place the reference playhead on the clip w/o the grade and then scrub to the current time towards the clip to which you do apply the LUT. That way you can compare both clips inside the Program Monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I was more after - a kind of split in the main screen, not "source" file, if that makes sense. Something like....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have either a reference shot at beginning of sequence or copied clip, using Comparisons view in wipe manner you can do that.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Create an adjustment layer, apply the LUT to the adjustment layer, then scale the adjustment layer so it only covers half of the footage. Might be an easier way but this a way to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines