• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not update to the Camera Raw 10.5 and DNG 10.5

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Elements 12 on my window pc, I tried to update the latest Camera Raw 10.5 and the DNG 10.5  but it failed.

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks for any advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements 12 is only compatible with Camera Raw up to version 8.5.

Camera Raw plug-in and Adobe application compatibility

It cannot be updated to Camera Raw 10.5.

What exactly are you trying to do? Open Raw files from a new camera? Which make and model?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John

Thanks for the reply. I bought a new Canon M50 camera.

And my Elements 12 and Lightroom 5.7 64bit, don't recognise the raw files.

I understand Camera Raw10.5 and DNG 10.5 do support the M50.

When I tried to download from Adobe website, it just failed.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

The M50 was actually first supported in Camera Raw 10.3 and DNG converter 10.3 and Lightroom 7.3. So it's definitely supported in 10.5.

You'll never be able to open those Raw files (without first converting to DNG) in Elements 12 or Lightroom 5.7.

When I tried to download from Adobe website, it just failed.

Are you saying you're having trouble downloading the DNG converter 10.5? Or using it? What happened when it "just failed"? What was the error message? There are so many reasons for these issues that the more detail you provide, the better we can assist. It tells us which part of the workflow you're having trouble with.

Are you downloading from: Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

When using the converter, don't try pointing it to the Raw files themselves. That won't work.

It works on folders of images - even if there's only one image in the folder. Point it to a folder and the converter will find the Raw files inside the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines