Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full text search in Chinese Language not finding results

Mar 23, 2009 Mar 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are translating one of our Webhelp projects into simplified chinese, and everything is working fine except full text search. We can type chinese characters into the search box but no results appear even though we have already translated a lot of the webhelp into chinese. Note that we have breadcrumbs, TOC and Index functioning correctly in chinese.

The FAQ for Robohelp claims that FTS is supported in other languages but I am stuck - I can't figure out how to make it work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2009 Mar 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I can suggest is to check that you have all patches applied.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 24, 2009 Mar 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Applied all patches, problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2009 Mar 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
There was some language stuff in those patches that I hoped would fix your problem, obviously not.

I am not familiar with working with languages. Have you tried changing the language in Project Settings? Have you tried importing a couple of topics into a new project?

Beyond that, hopefully someone with more relevant knowledge can help you.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp