Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat crashes every 30 days - needs to be re-installed

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone is having issues with Acrobat constantly crashing and needing to be re-installed on Windows 10??  I have only started having this issue since using Windows 10 and can't seem to find a solution to the problem.  The only fix I have atm is to re-install the program from scratch each time it happens.  Any suggestions or similar issue?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lync,

As per the issue description mentioned above, Acrobat is crashing on your Windows 10 machine, is that correct?

Could you let us know Acrobat version installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Also, try running Acrobat in compatibility mode for Windows 7 using the steps given in the following link and check if that helps: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/15078/windows-make-older-programs-compatible

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
Allow me to join the discussion. I know the same situation as Lync and I have to reinstall Acrobat every month. It's very tedious!
I use the CS6 suite on my Windows 8.1.
What solution must be adopted to use Acrobat as the other software in this suite?

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jacdo,

Could you check if an update is available for Acrobat using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu, reboot the machine after installing update and try again. If that doesn't work, try running Acrobat in compatibility mode for Windows 7 using the steps given above and check if that helps.

You may also refer to the following forum threads discussing the similar issue:

can cs6 run on windows 8.1

CS6 on Windows 8

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Shivam
Once reinstalled, the program is working properly.
The problem lies only in the obligation to reinstall it once a month.
I will consult the indicated links
Nevertheless, I will come back here if I still have no solution.
Thank you
jacdo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines