• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to write Windows Live Photo Gallery tags/keywords to photo metadata

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows Live Photo Gallery did not write its tags or keywords to the proper place the metadata.  Windows 10 File Explorer can identify them and sort photos using them.  How can I get this data written to the metadata, so that I can import the tags with the photos into Lightroom Classic CC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the free ExifTool to copy them into the correct industry-standard location. ExifTool has a pretty steep learning curve, but if you upload a couple of sample photos to Dropbox and post the sharing links here, I'll give you an ExifTool recipe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can it do so for a large number of photos, or would it require photo by photo operations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can do an entire folder or hierarchy of folders at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I need.  I am traveling for the next week, but will get back to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

G'day John, I may have a similar issue to the original poster. My PhotoGallery tags are part of a hierarchical structrue, but Adobe software flattens this structure by adding a key word to its parent separated by a "/"; e.g. "Fauna/Bird/Gull/Silver". How can I import the images into an Adobe catalog and preserve full functionality of the hierarchy? Or convert the PhotoGallery tags so that Adobe sees them correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2023 Jul 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try setting the option Preferences > File Handling > Treat '/' As A Keyword Separator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines