• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I don't want to sign in to lightroom classic

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I work with an educational version I do not have cloud storage space - and even if I had that, I wouldn't be interested in putting my pictures into the cloud. Each time I open lightroom, or when my internet connection fails, I get a warning that I won't be able to sync unless I sign in. Which I know. Which doesn't concern me at all. It's annoying. Is there a way to tell lightroom that I do not want to sign in - ever? I can't seem to find that check box and googling wasn't helpfull either.

Thanks,

Helena

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new catalogue, sign in, set it to sync, then close it and never open it again. From now on LR Sync will see you are using a catalogue that isn't the one you synced, and so it shouldn't display the message.

I don't know the educational version, but my understanding is that there is no cloud space but you can sync from your catalogue as normal, meaning you can easily get pictures onto your phone to show people or to do little tweaks on the move. Once you have this, it becomes very convenient. The lack of cloud space means you can't sync originals, but when you sync from Classic it only uploads "smart previews" which don't count against the cloud space allocation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

I believe there is 20GB of cloud storage with Student and Teachers version Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

There's a dedicated tab for Student and Teachers at above link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your tipp; it sounds as if it could work. However, not only do I have an educational version, but my whole laptop belongs to the university (my employer). The lightroom version I have is part of an image which is used on computer pools for students as well (which is the reason why I don't have cloud storage space). Long story short, it was purchased and installed with an adobe ID that is handled by our tech support, meaning I can't sign in, as I don't have the password ... any other ideas? If not I'll have to drop by tech support I suppose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you'll need to speak to the university tech support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tell them to create that synced catalogue that I described in my first post. But signing in also validates the licence to run LR, so in 30 days you would need to do so again.

Thanks Ian too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines