Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat - Reader

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So I work for a company which uses SAP, which I know uses Adobe Reader. One of the departments needs Adobe Acrobat installed on their computers for obvious reasons editing. I have defaulted Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard as the default application to use when opening .PDF files. Whenever I try double-clicking on a .PDF file it always chooses to open with the Reader vs. Acrobat. I have tried "Open With" > "Choose Program" and selected Acrobat 9 Standard. Also tried changing the application in the properties settings of the file. The reason why I keep reader and Acrobat is because SAP needs the Reader to view .PDF files within the SAP program

Is there a fix?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

So It seems like I found a solution to this issue. Posting it because maybe someone that does have the same issue can do the same procedure.

I uninstalled both Adobe Reader and Acrobat. Then reinstalled Reader first then Acrobat second it seems that fixed the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have problems with file associations you may go to the Search bar at the top of http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx to find help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I associated my .PDF files with Acrobat Standard 9 but it still opens Adobe Reader...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So It seems like I found a solution to this issue. Posting it because maybe someone that does have the same issue can do the same procedure.

I uninstalled both Adobe Reader and Acrobat. Then reinstalled Reader first then Acrobat second it seems that fixed the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines