• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Updating PrPro CC - Low level exception occurred in: Lumetri Color (AEVideoFilter:11)

Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My video editing system isn't the beefiest, but it has served more than adequately up until recently updating Premiere Pro CC (Mac).

I've recently had to revisit a video project started nearly a year ago and finished nearly 6 months ago. It had not been opened or accessed since then.  There have been updates to PP.CC since then, numerous I'm sure.  That said, when I open the project file now, it is riddled with "Low level exception Errors".  All of the errors refer to : Lumetri Color (AEVideoFilter:11)

Prior to recent updates the video project performed excellently, no such errors to be found throughout various save versions of the project.

Not that I'm revisiting it, it's practically useless for me.  In the mean time, I have updated PP and also believe that I have updated Mac OS.  Between these two factors, something is not playing nice with my existing video projects. I'm starting to think it may have more to do with the OS update to High Sierra since last accessing the file.

I've tried a few remedies that I'd come across generally speaking for all Low level exception errors.

- I've swapped project settings to Rendering: "Mercury Playback Engine Software Only"

- I've checked the "media cache" which actually appeared to be empty.

- I've changed settings for "Optimize rendering for "Memory" (instead of performance). Nothing seems to remedy the issues.

When I open the file (various versions of it), I get the following notification:

"This project was saved from a previous version of Adobe Premiere Pro and must be converted. The original project will not be modified. Continue?"

Here's the basic specs:

Adobe Premiere Pro CC (Mac), ver. 12.1.1 (Build 10), now updated to 12.1.2 (still same issues).

Specific Error:  Low level exception occurred in: Lumetri Color (AEVideoFilter:11)

About the computer:

Mac Pro (Mid 2010) -running- mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6

2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ram

ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB

When I open the project in Premiere and look at Activity Monitor, PP is using about 8GB (memory) with about 15 of the 32GB's free. CPU is also a small percentage.

Am I overlooking something, or is this a known quirk with PP.CC?

Thanks in advance, I'm really in a bind!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ChristopherM,

I think you're just running up against the fact you have an 8 year old computer with a very underpowered GPU running the latest version of macOS. Stacking it full of RAM can only help so much. Have you tried a newer Mac rig?

If you have run out of ideas, you might try smart rendering. Offloads all color effects processing via rendered previews, so exports go smoother. That's what I do with my similarly powered "legacy" Macs.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll look into the "Smart Rendering" though I can't get that far since I

1. Can't work on any projects in my now stalled, dead-in-the-water, Premiere performance.

2. All attempts to export will fail as long as I am receiving Low Level Exception errors.

I'm beginning to believe that the problem lies more strictly with a High Sierra update and the fact that the GPU is not even giving readings under activity monitor... like it's non existent (non compatible). Everything else so far performs "OK" (namely Photoshop and Illustrator). I've had two cold crashes in Bridge, but not major.  I have seen a dip in performance in all Adobe apps but workable and non as crucial as the Premier hang-ups.

I'm not in a dire rush to upgrade my system or even the video card as both were working perfectly fine before updating and I don't have the budget for that now.  I'd like to see how performance is being affected and why (particularly after updating) for the GPU, and would understand if it would be noticeably more taxed - but I can't even get a reading like it's just not present.

My son has a 3GB EVGA video card that I can try... have to check compatibility, but I feel like there's something else "off" with the system as a whole.  I could even go the route of the Sapphire HD 7950 (popular upgrade for these machines), but even then, have a feeling that I upgrade, everything is clicking, and I still run into the same problem in Adobe.

Is there something I've gotten out of wack, settings & preferences wise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines