• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Continueous Performance Issues

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the last year I did a build with the intent of being "R3D Ready" with little to no knowledge. The build has held up and been a substantial upgrade from my now dated 2013 Macbook Pro.

A rather large project consisting  .R3D files put my new build to the test. In the beginning of the project everything ran quite smooth, I was able to scrub back and forth on the timeline with ease and play clips that were unrendered with minimal lag.

However, This put an enormous amount of stress on my CPU, reaching temperatures up to 90 degrees ( Its called the metric system ) A few days later I installed a liquid cooling system that has kept my CPU at a much more comfortable operating temp.

Continuing with the .R3D project, PR's performance has been on a bit of a steady decline to the point where I can't playback anything unless fully rendered. When attempting to scrub a few frames the playback window will freeze for anywhere from 2-30 seconds. The viewer window will also freeze yet the timeline will remain functional. PR often will crash when attempting to choose an export location. And when I am able to export, My PC's performance is all over the place.

My drivers appear to all be up to date and GPU Acceleration enabled (Though my GPU hardly does anything, I've heard this a bit problem that Adobe has corrected on a more even distribution of workload.

*NO OVERCLOCKING*

Build Specs:

Intel CoreTM i7-7700 Processor, 3.60GHz w/ 8MB Cache ILC

Samsung 850 EVO Series Solid State Drive, 500GB ILC: 887276086088 SKU: MX55510

Seagate 3TB BarraCuda HDD, SATA III w/ 64MB Cache ILC: ST3000DM008 SKU: MX63363

Asus CrossfireX PRIME Z270-P w/ DDR4 2133, 7.1 Audio, Dual M.2, Gigabit LAN,

Corsair (2x 16GB), Vengeance Black

LPX 32GB DDR4 2133MHz CL13 Dual Channel Kit

Corsair VS Series VS600 80+ White ATX Power Supply, 600W ILC: 843591073042 SKU: MX67896

Asus HDMI, DUAL Dual GTX1070 DP

OC GeForce GTX 1070 8GB PCI-E w/ DVI, Dual

NZXT 140mm Kraken Closed coolant system

Pre_Closed_Coolant_Export.jpg

First Image is before installing the Kraken Coolant system. Dangerously high temps. 

Post_Closed_Coolant_install_Export.jpg

The second image is after installing the Coolant system. Notice the consistant load and temperatures.

Recent_Export.jpg

This last image is of the export I just did. I don't see why my CPU isn't operating at a consistant workflow.

Thank you for reading, any input is greatly appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi TySpooner,

Sorry for the trouble. Thanks for the detailed post. Please try the best practices recommended in this article and check the performance: Troubleshooting issues related to playback and performance in Premiere Pro CC

Let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines