• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prevent editing of PDF but still Digitally Sign - Possible?!

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am currently using Adobe Acrobat Pro to create PDF's, Sign and then send. I have recently noticed these files can be edited before I apply Digital signature which I am trying to prevent. I know signing a file is essentially editing a PDF as you are applying something to it.

I have had a play with the settings but unfortunately cannot find a solution, what I am trying to achieve is the following;

> Create PDF > Make the file so it is not editable i.e. the text or numbers > Digitally Sign (via Fill & Sign > work with certificates > Sign with certificates etc etc)  >Send as I do normally.

Currently when I apply settings contained within Tools > > Protection > Encrypt > Encrypt with password > Edit "permissions" so Commenting, filling in forms fields and signing existing signature fields is allowed > apply password > save document (so the changes have been saved) then the protection is applied so the document cannot be edited which is fab! But I am not able to apply my digital signature which I want...

Is anybody able to help me on this issue as I am sure is possib;le.

Any help is welcome, many thanks

Rav

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Hi Rav,

As per the issue description mentioned above,  you want o restrict edting in a pdf before signing a pdf, is that correct?

You may try adding a signature field on a pdf by opening the pdf > click Tools > prepare form . Refer this help document for more info: Creating and distributing PDF forms, Adobe Acrobat

Then enable "restrict editing and printing of the document" under Permissions and allow "signing existing signature fields".

Let us know if you need any further help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rav,

As per the issue description mentioned above,  you want o restrict edting in a pdf before signing a pdf, is that correct?

You may try adding a signature field on a pdf by opening the pdf > click Tools > prepare form . Refer this help document for more info: Creating and distributing PDF forms, Adobe Acrobat

Then enable "restrict editing and printing of the document" under Permissions and allow "signing existing signature fields".

Let us know if you need any further help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines