• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hey Good Lookin' Watcha Got Cookin'

Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a fresh pesto pizza coming out of my oven.  Pesto is one of my favorite "go to" foods.   It has so many uses and it's simple to make in a food processor.

PestoPizza-cooked.jpg

KALE & WALNUT PESTO RECIPE

============================

• 1/2 Cup walnuts, toasted.
  • 3 Cups firmly packed kale leaves ,  chopped with coarse stems removed
  • 1 Cup fresh basil
  • 1 Cup fresh parsley, chopped
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • 2 tsp grated lemon zest
  • 3 garlic cloves, peeled & chopped
  • 1/2 Cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 - 3/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
  • Salt & pepper to taste

METHOD:

1. Toast walnut meats in a small skillet over medium heat for 3-5 minutes until lightly browned.  Off heat and allow to cool.
  2. Add kale, basil & parsley to your food processor bowl and pulse 10-12 times, scrapping  down sides as needed.
  3. Add toasted walnuts, garlic, lemon juice, zest and a little salt & pepper.  Pulse 5 times.
  4. Add grated parmesan cheese.
  5. With motor running, slowly add olive oil through chute until desired consistency is reached.
  6. Spoon pesto into a container and store covered in refrigerator up to 5 days.

Pesto can be used on fresh cooked pasta, spiralized zucchini noodles, steamed vegetables, sandwiches or pizzas.

Now whatcha got cookin' in your kitchen?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will you marry me ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can you marry someone that puts shrimp on a pizza? Blech!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>shrimp on a pizza?

I never have, but Anchovies is an option where I buy pizza https://modpizza.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hehe, it certainly is different... but looks delicious !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

Now whatcha got cookin' in your kitchen?

I'm making a lot of pesto from basil growing in my garden and alternating that with curry recipes made in my Instant Pot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My garden is really sad this year.  The triple-digit  heat and pesky hornworms have wreaked havoc on just about everything.   But all is not lost.  I have 3 pots of basil growing in my kitchen window.  

Curry, mmm, yum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, your pizza looks absolutely amazing! Are you sure it didn't come from a local restaurant?!!! I hope it tasted as good as it looks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked at a pizzeria while attending school and had some regular customers who really liked the way I made 'em.  You can add whatever ingerdients you want.  The trick to great pizza is a good balance of toppings with crust & sauce.   Oh, and a hot oven preferably with a pizza stone .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the down side is how long they take to make i.e, a fast heated pizza oven = a busted pizza oven

p.s, civilised countries call them prawns

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote

the down side is how long they take to make i.e, a fast heated pizza oven = a busted pizza oven

p.s, civilised countries call them prawns

Commercial pizza ovens are rarely  turned off as they take several hours to reach 700-800 F.  

Prawns have claws on three of their five pairs of legs, shrimp have claws on two of their five pairs of legs. Their gills and body shape are different too. As far as cooking them goes, they are virtually identical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"p.s, civilised countries call them prawns"

Ussnorway

Unknown.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually shrimp and prawns are two different critters.  One lives in salt water the other in fresh or brackish water and have different physical traits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote

Actually shrimp and prawns are two different critters.  One lives in salt water the other in fresh or brackish water and have different physical traits.

Right.  But as far as cooking them goes, they are virtually identical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went to food store in town this morning and THEY WERE OUT OF CORNED BEEF !  OMG !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with your customers, Nancy—what could be better than pesto, shrimp, red onion and tomato?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yum.

anyone with instant pot recipe's for person with bad teeth who can't chew on nothin cough em up. Aside from pea soup. I'm an expert at that already. And French onion. If I eat anymore pea soup I'm gonna turn into a pea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beef Burgundy or Chicken Chardonnay
If use Safeway pepper bacon, it has enough pepper
Crock pot or pressure cooker or stove top use same recipe
4 thick cut slices (Safeway) bacon, chopped to very small pieces
2-5 Lbs beef trimmed of fat (round steak or stewing beef) cut into 1-inch chunks
-LIGHT coating of flour and sear beef in bacon drippings (or 1/2 inch chunks)
-Too much flour and the instant pot may go into 'burn' mode when it sticks
-1/2 inch chunks are for the person with bad teeth
OR similar amount of cut up boneless + skinless chicken thighs
-sear chicken in bacon drippings, flour not needed
2-3 large white/yellow onions, sliced large chunks
2 heaping teaspoons ground wet garlic
1-2 pinch coarse salt - Safeway pepper bacon has enough pepper
OR one tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning (has salt+pepper)
1 cup of a 'big-hearty' red wine for beef
OR 1 cup of Chardonnay wine for chicken
3 cups beef stock made from better than bullion
OR 3 cups chicken stock made from better than bullion
2 tablespoons ‘blended’ Italian seasoning
Mix well in the instant pot and use the Beef button
OPTIONAL (low carb)
Cut up 2 packages of ‘tofu noodles’ to go in the mix while cooking
Serve over real rice (OR cauliflower ‘rice’ for low carb)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

speaking of prawns, vs. shrimp vernacular.... how can you have a jumbo shrimp ? isn't that a sorta contradiction ? But you could have a jumbo prawn !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes but the real question is; don't Americans have Bar-B-Ques to enjoy prawns the way God intended?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so undisciplined I can't deal with doing an ingredient list and method thing. But you'll get the gist of this thing maybe.

SOLE LOUISIANA ( chef from THE ORCHID early 1980's, 27th St. and 2nd Ave)

Cook in frying pan with butter your filet(s). If you can't get sole any white flaky mild flavored fish is OK ( Tilapia OK )

on medium heat about 3 minutes on one side ( roughly heating it up and cooking only bottom ).

Carefully remove and put into baking dish cooked side down. Can use butter or good olive oil to coat bottom of dish so it won't stick.

Make your own tomato stuff or use 1 canned stewed tomatoes ( sliced if you can find that in store). I can worth good for a couple filet.

To make your own just use fresh tomato from garden ( heirloom is possible), blanch, peel, dice, cook in pan with a little olive oil, 1 clove garlic (use press), season to taste.

Slice a ripe sweet banana length-wise into 3rds if you can, or else 1/2 is OK.

Place banana slices on top of filtet(s)

Ladle ( use one with holes so you don't transfer a lot of juice) tomato stuff onto filet, around the edges ( overlapping edges of fish). Do NOT ladle over banana but it's no big deal if you do.

sprinkle gruyere cheese over fish, banana, and edge of fish too ( on top of little bit of tomato stuff ) The tomato stuff is predominately just in the baking pan so it will be a sort of counter flavor to the fish and banana stuff ( around the fish in pan ).

Bake in oven until cheese melts ( like 350 for whatever ). That will finish cooking the fish and melt the cheese and keep the tomato stuff hot for serving all together.

Carefully take out fish in whole filets is possible ( looks nicer than if they break up cause it is a flaky fish ). Put the tomato stuff on plate too, around fish.

Yum !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a short stint as a bartender at the place, and can't tell if it is my current age or the stuff I was doing back then ( girlfriend was bartender at CBGB), but apparently it was on the next avenue over from 2nd.

https://www.nyhistory.org/exhibit/orchid-restaurant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Baked Tilapia yesterday, and for experiment put canned peaches around fish in baking pan. Drizzled olive oil in baking pan, dragged filet's through oil to coat both sides lightly, and put canned peaches ( very soft ) around fish. Baked at 350 for about 20 min.

Yum !

tiny bit of salt ( can always add more after cooking if desired ) , pepper, paprika on fish...don't turn them over...just bake without turning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting, thanks for sharing. I have to cook fish out on the grill as no one can stand the lingering smells in the house if I cook in the oven. I usually wrap the fillets in aluminum foil with a bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper. I may well add some canned peaches next time. Neat idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines