• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos opening smaller than they used to

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of Photoshop CC (19.1.1) on the MacBook Pro (15 inch Retina with external 27" set as main monitor). When I open photos, they open on the main (external) monitor as they should, but recently, they are opening smaller than normal (as if the space is cramped). It's as if they are opening on the smaller MacBook monitor.

As you can see by the attached photo, it opens at 50% when clearly there's enough room on the screen to open at 100%.

Is there any way to rectify this? I already deleted all the preferences and restarted the Mac and the problem persists.

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 4.27.14 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone who wants to get to know why it happens check: There isn't enough room to display this document => bug !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a multi-monitor Mac? see: Photoshop CC 19.1.1: Images opening unexpectedly small (macOS) | Photoshop Family Customer Community

There's a workaround in the thread above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see Tanuj Sandal​ just marked this workaround as correct answer. However that might be helpful I think there's something interesting why this bug may happen still for multi-monitor. The bug was fixed partially so for the case of relocated 'Tools Bar'. Later I found it happens also when 'Options Bar' is moved to other place than usual. I don't use multi-monitor, but it may affect wrong behaviour (even if on one monitor 'Options Bar' is set in right place). Read my last post:

Photoshop: There isn't enough room to display this document | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may. be looking for this if your Retina screen is displaying the images too small for you.

Quit Photoshop

Finder > Applications > Photoshop CC2018

Right click on Photoshop CC2018 to bring up Info and checkmark "Open in Low Resolution"

(Note that this applies only to Photoshop CC2018 images. If this does not solve the problem, return to Info and remove the checkmark.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines