Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating bin folders

Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Does anyone know of a way of easily and quickly updating bin folders with new clips that have been added to your laptop or HD folding system?

For example if i am shooting a 10 day scuba diving movie, on day one I add my new fin with the carefully thought out and organised folding structure with many different category folders such as 1) sharks 2) Rays 3) Divers 4).... and so on. Each evening I will then work on the edit a little.

Then each day I import all the latest footage and sort it into the relevant folders. Is there any clever way of Premiere Pro talking to that folder and importing all the new footage in the correct folders? Or must i go into each folder manually and import or drag and drop?

Im using PP 2018. Ive read online that FCP have already solved this problem so I'd be surprised if adobe haven't addressed it yet??

Thanks

Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dan,

Does anyone know of a way of easily and quickly updating bin folders with new clips that have been added to your laptop or HD folding system?

No, sorry. You have to do this work manually. There are ways to sort footage once it is imported, however, such as using search bins. Then place them into the appropriate bins.

What you might try: Import footage into After Effects, which respects folder hierarchies. Then Copy/Paste the folders into Premiere Pro. Nothing auto updates the folders should you import more footage into your folders at the Finder/Explorer level.

Please make a feature request for how you wish a feature along these lines might work here: Premiere Pro: Hot (2552 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Feel free to return to this thread for more questions or clarification about this issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines